Birthday Present.

Desert Fox

Handloader
Aug 14, 2006
My wife asked me last September what would I want for my birthday. I told her get me an AR Rifle. She went to a Gunshop and got me this... a Bushmaster BA50 :shock:

That is almost too good to be true! Congratulations. Close enough. (y)

Ought-oh, warning trap, warning trap..

Lol. I can imagine.

I think your sweetie wuvs you!

Very Nice!

When’s her birthday?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking maybe you could shoot something and give it to her for her birthday, but there would only be ittie bittie pieces left.

That deserves a wowzers!

[emoji23]Just pulling your legs guys. Everything is true except I was with my wife when she bought the rifle for me. We walk into the Sportmans Wharehouse and I saw this rifle on display. I held it in my arms just to check it out. I heard my wife asking me if I like the rifle and if it’s a good one. I said “yeah but, but” before I can finished what I was trying to say, she told the guy at the counter to start the paperwork and we’re buying it. My wife told me that my birthday was coming up in two weeks and she can’t think of anything to get me so she’s getting the rifle for me. I think I heard an okay coming out of my nostril. I was in shock. An hour later, I was dragging the beast out of the parking lot of the store[emoji12]

[emoji23]Just pulling your legs guys. Everything is true except I was with my wife when she bought the rifle for me. We walk into the Sportmans Wharehouse and I saw this rifle on display. I held it in my arms just to check it out. I heard my wife asking me if I like the rifle and if it’s a good one. I said “yeah but, but” before I can finished what I was trying to say, she told the guy at the counter to start the paperwork and we’re buying it. My wife told me that my birthday was coming up in two weeks and she can’t think of anything to get me so she’s getting the rifle for me. I think I heard an okay coming out of my nostril. I was in shock. An hour later, I was dragging the beast out of the parking lot of the store[emoji12]

Desert Fox":2ipc0p9w said:
[emoji23] An hour later, I was dragging the beast out of the parking lot of the store[emoji12]

Nice rifle, congratulations! Yes, you did marry well.

You obviously don't live in CA anymore or you would be waiting 10 days to drag it out the door. That is if it is even legal to own in this liberal state.

I have dual residency. Nevada and California. 50 is even illegal in California now.

Artillery is right! Pretty cool - nice gift :shock: :) . What kind of ranges do you need to make it interesting? I mean 100 yards is just ridiculous and boring...? Right? CL

I finally got to shoot it last week end. I was able hit target at 380 yards with ease, even with wind and all. All I did was bore sight the rifle using Leupold Zero point and took it shooting. Me and the wife found a spot south of Vegas strip. When we got there someone left a large piece of steel target at about 380 yards where we park. Not knowing my zero, I checked the ballistic I already have for Hornady 50 Amax and it calls for 3MOA at that 380 yards. I lined the 3MOA stadia on my Nighforce and fired my first shot. It went high, Chambered another round and aimed dead on and it was low. My third shot, I lined the target at 1MOA and heard a loud clank. You can hear it on the video if you raise your computer audio.

Nice piece of equipment.
You should be able to reach out and touch something way out there with that.

Back