28 nosler

str8meat

Handloader
Jul 20, 2008
have an oppurtunity to buy a nosler m48 patriot in 28 nosler. pros & cons? comes with redding dies and 58 rounds trophy grade ammo. supposed round count is 40. $1000 is basically half price , and i am wary of things to good to be true. thoughts?

I don't know anything about the Nosler rifles .whats the magazine length come to mind . the 28 Nosler has me interested , I'd sure take one . brass is expensive , and can be hard to find at times . a few other brass makers are supposedly making it now , Nosler, Bertram , and I think ADG . I think I read Peterson brass too ?? you want an 8 twist bbl for the 195 Bergers , a 9 twist should shoot most anything up to the 180's . I usually read BBL life at around 1000 - 1200 rounds , I have read of them being used up at 800 though . for a high horsepower hunting rifle it would be super . develop a load and shoot it a couple times before season and you would never wear it out . take this bugger out weekly and probably be buying a re-barrel job every year .

i already have several over bore cartridges 338 rum, 300 rum, 26 nosler, plus the standard 300 win 7 rem mag. dead is dead just trying to justify another big magnum.

str8meat":2pjcjcf7 said:
i already have several over bore cartridges 338 rum, 300 rum, 26 nosler, plus the standard 300 win 7 rem mag. dead is dead just trying to justify another big magnum.

I like the 28 Nosler but the M48’s are pretty danged tight in the mag box in regards to case space and pretty limiting with long Bullets.

The 28 is a beast though. Man, run that sucker out to 3.6” and it turns into s whole mother animal.

Back