Blkram

Handloader
Nov 25, 2013
What is your next dream rifle?
Is it a new, manufactured rifle?
An older, out of production rifle?
Or is it a custom rifle?

Myself,
Been looking for a left handed Sako Model 85 in 338 Federal, or a 308 that I can rebarrel to 338 Federal.
And then a Browning BLR T/D switch barrel rifle in 250 Savage, 338 Federal and the 375 Raptor.

So many rifles...so little time, so little money.

I keep thinking I want another .375...but I keep getting other stuff!

I have a manners elite stock and magwell for a short action. I’d really like to get a carbon fiber barreled action in 300 WSM. Either a Christensen ridge line or a custom with a proof barrel. It will happen sooner or later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm having a 338 RUM built on a 700 action
-Blueprinted
-Oversized Recoil Lug
-Kreiger #5 27" 1:9.35 twist, w/ 8 flutes
(http://www.twistedbarrel.com)
-Williams Tactical Brake
-HS Precision Sporter Stock
Should be done in May.

JD338

A full custom 30-06. Classic cartridge, fully updated platform. In the 8lb range with optic, Manners stock, Kreiger 4 groove 10 twist, flush fit detachable mag. I've never purchased a custom action, so I would go that route.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

You all know I had my dream built a couple years ago.

Winchester Model 70 Classic sporter - .280 AI
Shilen match stainless barrel 1-9 twist
Trigger worked and perfected to 2.5 pound pull
Glass and pillar bedded.
Metal John Morrell Arms moly resin coated action and barrel
Leupold 4.5-14x40mm VX3 scope with B&C reticle

Love this rifle.

I'm in a holding pattern right now. The model 1920 Savage I got in 250 savage late last fall, and the custom M93 Mauser I just picked up have me feeling pretty filled up and content with my overall gun collection.

Somewhere in the future I'd like to have a nice 99 and a pre-64 model 94. But for right now beyond the guns that are priced too good to pass up, to go over and re-sell, I'm good.

I've taken a shine to the SAKO Classic, lets say a 6.5x55, or maybe a Safari in .375 H&H, heck either one.

Bruce Mc":1j9jtuws said:
I've taken a shine to the SAKO Classic, lets say a 6.5x55, or maybe a Safari in .375 H&H, heck either one.

Oh man....the 9.3X62 is calling my name...lefty of course.

The Ruger RSI in 250 Savage I passed up years ago....for $200.00 :shock:
A browning T- bolt
A single shot of some sort

But then I'd have decide which one to part with...I hit my self imposed MAX. CL

Some interesting rifleseveryone!
Bruce, hope you get your Classic in 6.5x55, my LH Hunter sure does shoot! First 3 shots went well under 1/2"!
Guy, if i had used the $ I've spent on rifles, I could have definitely gone on more hunts! LOL
gbflyer, I'll send you a pic of mine when I finally get it; it's been over 6 months now...did pick up a Kahles 1-6x42 for it.
CL, while my M77 RSI in 250 Savage did cost more than that, I am liking it a lot!
Sounds like you need a Ruger N0.1 RSI in 250 Savage...could scratch two itches with one rifle! (did they make one?)

Blkram":8ompzsot said:
Some interesting rifleseveryone!
Bruce, hope you get your Classic in 6.5x55, my LH Hunter sure does shoot! First 3 shots went well under 1/2"!
Guy, if i had used the $ I've spent on rifles, I could have definitely gone on more hunts! LOL
gbflyer, I'll send you a pic of mine when I finally get it; it's been over 6 months now...did pick up a Kahles 1-6x42 for it.
CL, while my M77 RSI in 250 Savage did cost more than that, I am liking it a lot!
Sounds like you need a Ruger N0.1 RSI in 250 Savage...could scratch two itches with one rifle! (did they make one?)

You sir are a vile tempter[emoji1]
(All in jest of course, I’d love to see pics!!!!)

[/quote]You sir are a vile tempter[emoji1]
(All in jest of course, I’d love to see pics!!!!)[/quote]

LOL!
While I did not mean to be vile, I do hope that everyone can get their dream rifles!!!
While I may be $ poor, I do believe that I lead alife in rich rifles and hunting adventures! Not to forget archery and fishing too!
And as they say, misery loves company!!! LOL (in this case, I mean sweet misery)

Gil, I have been looking for a 260 in the LH Hunter man are they hard to come by at a decent price :shock:. I was wondering how easy was your 6.5 X 55 to find?

Blessings,
Dan

Not sure if these qualify for your criteria of "dream rifle" but in the last year I've gotten two bucket list guns, one of them today.

Last May I bought a 1971 vintage Marlin 444. I don't know why but I'd always wanted one. I don't NEED anything that large but it spoke to me years ago. This one is really nice, shoots very well, and has a Marlin medallion inlaid in the stock.

The one I got today is a 1991 vintage Remington 700 BDL 308. I used one like it in 1990 to kill my very first deer. However, I got a bug shortly thereafter to have a heavy barrelled 308 like the police and military snipers used so I traded it for a 700 BDL Varmint in 308 and still have it. In my later years I regretted getting rid of it but the trail of ownership was long since cold. I started watching Gunbroker, gun shops, etc, for one but until now they were out of my budget. A week or so ago, one came up for sale on Gunbroker. It has a Timney trigger and Leupold rings and bases installed and a check of the manufacture code established it was from the desired time frame. The auction ended this morning and no one else bid so I got my rifle :grin: . Hopefully, I'll have it next week. So even though it's not THE rifle I used, it's as close as I could get.

The only other gun on my horizon (for now) is a lever action 308, either a Browning or Henry.

Ron

Dan,
I ordered my LH Hunter in 6.5x55 from Prophet River Firearms in Lloydminster. It tooka bit for him to find it, but not too long. Our dollar hasn't been helping! Yes, Sako's are not cheap, but once you get one and shoot it, I think they are a great rifle worth the $$, and still better priced than a custom rifle!
I also ordered my LH Hunter in 9.3x62 from them. A little harder to get; was told 6-12 months. Sold my RH Sako 85 VLS in 260 to pay for the 9.3.

Ron,
It is your dream rifle(s)...so anything goes! Sounds like you found a couple; Awesome!
Hope you enjoy them for years to come!
I found a few on GunBroker last year too, and imported them to Canada; the best find being my new-to-me Marlin 336ER in 356 Win! My other find a couple years ago was my Marlin 1894S in 41 Rem Mag!

I also found a LH Sako L691 Carbine w/ mannlicher stock in 30-06 last year...never fired! Beautiful wood on it too! Only way it could have been better is if it had been chamberred in 6.5x55 or 9.3x62, both of which were options at the time. Only LH version I have seen in this rifle to date, but very cool!!!

You sir are a vile tempter[emoji1]
(All in jest of course, I’d love to see pics!!!!)[/quote]

LOL!
While I did not mean to be vile, I do hope that everyone can get their dream rifles!!!
While I may be $ poor, I do believe that I lead alife in rich rifles and hunting adventures! Not to forget archery and fishing too!
And as they say, misery loves company!!! LOL (in this case, I mean sweet misery)[/quote]

It would be sinful to do what I would do to that beautiful, blued Sako. It would get a Cerakote job and the wood would get traded for fiberglass.

I had a Kodiak 375 H&H I traded for. They don’t offer it in a lefty, shame. Stainless and laminate. Beautiful rifle. Sold it my buddy with the condition that I can still spoon with it any time I want. [emoji1]

Back