Range Time!

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Wow! Such a beautiful day here! So after the gym, I headed to the North Central Washington Gun Club with a couple of nice guns and some ammo:

What a day!
ywGFoKVl.jpg

No, the flag is not attached to my Jeep:
jcKfRUJl.jpg

Took my 375 H&H Model 70 Winchester to the range today for the first time in quite a while. Ammo was handloaded 270 gr Hornady RNSP bullets over RL-15 for about 2700 fps. It's a rompin' stompin' load, but the well designed stock by Michael Scherz handles the recoil very well.
T72A6KKl.jpg

Scherz makes these custom scope bases specifically for Talley QD rings. I've found that I can detach the 1.5-5x Leupold, then re-mount it with no change of zero!
tnV2BJnl.jpg

He really did quite a job on the rifle. Not only does it look good with that Australian leatherwood fore-end, but the Douglas barrel helps it shoot very well. I thoroughly enjoy shooting it!

After getting the rifle shooting out of my system I turned to my 45 1911 Kimber. My goodness! What a nice gun. Carry ammo of late has been this 230 gr Winchester Ranger SXT:
yv1Rdpel.jpg

It was a pretty doggone nice afternoon.

Hope yours was also!

Guy

Hmmm...looks warm enough to thaw the parking lot..officially jealous. Nice hardware!! Looks like a fun morning. CL

cloverleaf":vvio0i21 said:
Hmmm...looks warm enough to thaw the parking lot..officially jealous. Nice hardware!! Looks like a fun morning. CL

Ya, it probably hit 30 or so here yesterday. The fellow who plows our range road and parking lot does a pretty good job, removing the snow. Then the sun took care of a lot more of it.

We've been getting slammed by snowstorms here in the Northwest, but it's tapering off a bit, and there have been breaks of one or two days between storms. I don't recall such a stormy, snowy February here.

Was a good trip to the range. I enjoyed. Didn't shoot all that much, buddy of mine and his dog showed up. We spent a lot of time talking. I shot his new 9mm S&W pistol, pretty sweet, but I like my 1911 better. :)

Guy

Your 375 is beautiful! I also have a 1911 Kimber, they are the best! I'm not that good of shot with mine bu it works great and the trigger-- nothing better.

Back