Howa modifications.

Cleveland48

Handloader
Jul 28, 2015
After a long wait I finally got the nerve to swap one of my howa rifles over to DBM for AICS magazines. I had to inlet the front of the trigger guard out a little. Also had to remove the metal magazine tab from the rear of the action to use the magazines. after all that I realized after I torqued everything down I had the front action screw hole to deep. it caused the front of the new floor plate to bend some. so I mixed up some epoxy and bedded the front of the bottm metal to build it back up. here is a pic of the tab I had to cut back to get magazines to seat.
bce823c66f4cb6c9661931f050b20eb0.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

here are the pics from bedding the front action screw and finally finishing the job.
8c9642b87ac6f06bbd902e74bf2d0a64.jpg
af5fe4cef9ec79c06c50e13f1a58e0d5.jpg
886504aa0105e083f5dbdad36ab447e0.jpg

finished finally !
eef9a55d7abd5339652b918577b5cf1a.jpg

No idea why this photo flipped.

My wife has bought an amazon fire stick and I’ve been binge watching Randy Newberg. They have lots of Howa rifles, seem to really do the job. Wish they had a lefty.

gbflyer":h8kbhn98 said:
My wife has bought an amazon fire stick and I’ve been binge watching Randy Newberg. They have lots of Howa rifles, seem to really do the job. Wish they had a lefty.
I'm also a lefty, but I switched to shooting right handed about ten years ago. this is my second howa rifle. Both are heavy barrel 6.5 creedmoor's, one is a 24" and this one is a 26". Bith have been extremely accurate.

I was reading on one of the forums the Howa guy was on answering questions. He said if someone ordered a thousand lefties they’d do it. Shall we start a group buy[emoji23]?

gbflyer":31s3b86h said:
I was reading on one of the forums the Howa guy was on answering questions. He said if someone ordered a thousand lefties they’d do it. Shall we start a group buy[emoji23]?
Lol might not hurt [emoji848]

gbflyer":277u2ah1 said:

I would buy a lefty, maybe a 6.5 PRC or 270 WSM. Only 999 more to go :lol:

gerry":20kmtugy said:
gbflyer":20kmtugy said:

I would buy a lefty, maybe a 6.5 PRC or 270 WSM. Only 999 more to go :lol:

Yes, a lefty 6.5 PRC would be great!

ShadeTree":3indec27 said:
Looks good Cleveland. Looks like you done a dandy job. (y)
Thanks I still got the nervous shakes from cutting into the action with a dremel LOL

Cleveland48":1j1hs4en said:
ShadeTree":1j1hs4en said:
Looks good Cleveland. Looks like you done a dandy job. (y)
Thanks I still got the nervous shakes from cutting into the action with a dremel LOL

That would get your attention for sure! Looks like it's working out for you pretty good, nice job.

I would take a lefty for my son!
Hm. Maybe one for me, too...

NP

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI VNS-L31 mit Tapatalk

Back