Took The Plunge

truck driver

Ammo Smith
Mar 11, 2013
Well it's not a new powder burning rifle but it should be interesting.
I just ordered a Diana 430L under lever .177 cal pellet rifle with scope from Airguns of Arizona.
I got to shoot two last night that belonged to a new friend who is a master class air rifle shooter and trust me he doesn't own rifles that don't shoot or have the potential to be shooters.
And this rifle will shoot with the right pellets.
I was bored with the winter and weather and went off reading about air guns on the GTA web sight and became interested in this rifle. One because it was an under lever and two because it was priced with a scope and mount for under $300.
So with German quality and a scope too I couldn't see where I could go wrong and to top it all off one of the GTA members offered to let me shoot his so I could make up my mind and he brought to to the local Isaac Walton League in door range to let me try them out .
One was a custom tuned rifle he uses for 10m matches and the other a box stock factory rifle with a Vortex scope mount on it.
The first time shooting one of theses rifles I was able to hold the black shooting standing off hand and from a make shift bench rest I was able to shoot a 3 shot 3/8" group with a rifle I had only taken 3 shots with previously.
To say the least I was impressed with the factory rifle. The tuned rifle shot well also but then for an additional $300 dollars for tuning I expected as much.
Can't wait for mine to come from Arizona.

Attachments

• dia-430lcombo177.png
    dia-430lcombo177.png
    41.9 KB · Views: 364
Guy Miner":2702m7vc said:
Excellent. That should prove to be both fun and useful.

Guy
Yep and a lot of work to break it in properly.
Tougher cleaning regiment then for a regular rifle but no chemicals used just a dry patch, clean after every shot for 10 shots after every 5 for a round of 10 then after 10 shots till you have shoot 250-300 shots and the seals should be seated and the barrel polished.
You also need to make sure you use lead pellets with very low or no antimony.
The antimony will cause the barrel to lead and then you have a mess to clean out.
Broke in right they last a long time and shoot great some more accurate then powder rifles.

Back