BUQTsWl.jpg

Hornady brass
215 M
142 ELD-X
57.5 RL26
3085 FPS
.52" at 100 yds

all other groups ranged between 1.1" to .65"

So, what are your overall thoughts/impressions of both the rifle and caliber?

Ron

Although I only played with it for a short time I would call it a supercharged 6.5 Creed. The rifle is just awesome! :mrgreen:

Yep that pretty much aimed up a 6.5. You really can’t go wrong. Awesome rifle. Makes Precision shooting in reach of the average consumer. I have a 260 Rem and it’s a great caliber as well. Remington really screwed the pooch on that one. I reload and it offers everything the Creed does. But I must admit it’s tempting to have a 6.5 with s little more in the boiler room

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loads starting at 1.1" and everything else under is excellent accuracy from a rifle, they obviously know how to put a good rifle together. For 57.5 gr of powder that is some excellent speed and the accuracy is just as good. Wish Sauer made a lefty in 6.5 PRC.

That is some good speed considering I only get 3055 w/a 142 SMK and 65.5 Retumbo in a 24.5" tube in my 6.5/300 WSM.

Nice work FOTIS!

Hodgdon shows 2950 or so with 140's presumably from a 24" barrel and Hornady shows up to 3150 fps with the same class of bullets from a 26" tube. Looks like you are right in the middle of those with this load. It will be interesting to see what kind of speed most guys are going to get because 200 fps spread is quite a bit.

I got up to 3100 fps + but groups opened up.

With blizzards and 30 mph winds lately, no.

Dang Fotis the weather gods sure aren't being kind to you guys in the western part of the country and the central part either.
That sure is a nice shooting rifle.
I'll bet Weatherby is thinking twice about leaving sunny kalifornia.:)o)

Back