Diana 430L Air Rifle

truck driver

Ammo Smith
Mar 11, 2013
I got this on Thursday and and got the scope mounted and started the break in process.
It's a under lever .177 cal and the chrono tape that came with it says it is running right around 820fps with a 8.5 grain pellet.
The stock is beech but the factory stain brought out the figure in the wood. We generally think of beech stocks as low grade and only fit for the cheapest guns since that is where we mostly see it but in Europe it is looked at differently.
I put a Vortex Diamond Back HP 3-12X42mm with side focus on it.
Since I plan on using this for pest control and Hunter Field target matches I will be changing the scope a little latter after I get it broke in and see what it is capable of.
To start out I got some Walmart Crossman pellets and sighted the scope in at 10m in my back yard. It will get stretched out to 50m after I find which pellets it prefers.
Right now it is shooting 1/4" 3 shot groups which isn't bad for a rifle that isn't broke in.
I was shooting off my deck using the rail as a rest. Unlike center fire rifles you need to hold a air rifle lightly and let it recoil with out interference holding it tight will cause it to throw shots.
Here's the sight in target with the last three in the tight group.

Attachments

• KIMG0269 (2).jpeg
    KIMG0269 (2).jpeg
    202.6 KB · Views: 714
  • KIMG0264.jpeg
    KIMG0264.jpeg
    340.3 KB · Views: 714
  • KIMG0265 (2).jpeg
    KIMG0265 (2).jpeg
    343.8 KB · Views: 714
  • KIMG0266 (2).jpeg
    KIMG0266 (2).jpeg
    344.6 KB · Views: 714
  • KIMG0268 (2).jpeg
    KIMG0268 (2).jpeg
    347.4 KB · Views: 714
Thanks for the comments.
I like the way the Beech has a fish scale grain that shows as light high lights.
Yeah it's no 1000yd super magnum but it is a precision shooter.

Very nice Roger. Actually shot the old 760 Crossman tonight. At 10 yards my groups were "minute of gopher" but not quite as good as yours. :) I am remorseful about returning the same scope you are using. Please don't tell me how much you like it... :oops: :x :) That looks like a fun rifle!! BTW Beech beats plastic ANY DAY! CL

Actually last night my buddy was over for coffee and he advised that he has just about cleaned out his man cave and stated in the corner of his gun cabinet he found a Air rifle that was lent to him over 20 years ago :wink:. Then he stated it was my fault it was still there because I never asked for it back :shock:. I mentioned something to effect that if you borrow something it should be the responsibility of the borrower to return it, he comes back that after 10 years it becomes a gift but because I am so emotional about it he will re-gift to me :lol:.
I have put up with that kinda thinking for almost 50 years :roll:.

Blessings,
Dan

Been awhile, but how did that 430l work out for you? They’re marked down to $149 now, and I’m having a hard time resisting.

Back