Another 260..

Slimfinn

Handloader
Nov 28, 2018
I need to ban myself from killing time in gun shops..and armslist for that matter. Anyway I was killing time last night looking for a 243 at a local shop and heard there was a Sako Grey Wolf in back, maybe on hold for someone, but it was late and the guy behind the counter didn't know for sure. So i went back on my lunch break today to ask what the story was on it, well needless to say it is on hold for someone, and that someone is now ME. They also had a Bavarian and that is one absolutely beautiful rifle! but I wouldn't be able to blend it in with the others to hide it from the wife haha

Those are very nice guns, congrats. When are you going to pick it up?

gerry":1zg7o6g2 said:
Those are very nice guns, congrats. When are you going to pick it up?

Well I think the wife will be out running the kids around tonight so I may be able to get away, if not I will get it on lunch tomorrow. I am pretty excited!

I would be too, those guns are gorgeous with that grey laminate stock :)

Well here it is, and it blends in well with my other two 260s

Attachments

• 20190424_210840.jpg
    20190424_210840.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 870
  • 20190424_210647.jpg
    20190424_210647.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 870
Very handsome. Yeah, that could make a person quite pleased to own those rifles.

Man I wish they made those laminates in left hand, you have the perfect gun there in my opinion. With three 260's you obviously have great taste in cartridges ;) hope you keep us up to date on how it shoots..........

cloverleaf":2nuaf4m6 said:
How do you like the Boyds stock? Nice rifles BTW :) CL

thanks CL,
I like the Boyds At One, it is handy being as I am 6'4 and the wife and daughters are 5'2 to 5'4. It is nice to shoot and very adjustable and can't beat it for the price if that's what you are looking for. But if you look close tho, I guess you would say it has sharp edges/angles with a slight chamfer, so it doesn't have that nice soft/smooth form fitting feel in your hand when you are holding onto it or carrying around with out the sling. For a bench/range gun it doesn't matter much but to carry around hunting I would want something different, and to be honest I do switch back out to the orig stock for hunting season.
Its on a Ruger american predator, if you couldn't tell, and with the v-blocks bedded I can switch it out with the 5.56 ranch also with no problems so its a nice option, now that they make a ruger lefty predator I think you could notch out for the bolt handle and really have a modular unit if needed.

Well I just bought a 260 “for my wife”. Great deal, nice stock, shoots 140 gr partitions perfect. After sighting it in I told her she was gonna need to go shopping for her own gun, that ones mine haha!

I have yet to begin to procrastinate

Slimfinn":16r5qe46 said:
cloverleaf":16r5qe46 said:
How do you like the Boyds stock? Nice rifles BTW :) CL

thanks CL,
I like the Boyds At One, it is handy being as I am 6'4 and the wife and daughters are 5'2 to 5'4. It is nice to shoot and very adjustable and can't beat it for the price if that's what you are looking for. But if you look close tho, I guess you would say it has sharp edges/angles with a slight chamfer, so it doesn't have that nice soft/smooth form fitting feel in your hand when you are holding onto it or carrying around with out the sling. For a bench/range gun it doesn't matter much but to carry around hunting I would want something different, and to be honest I do switch back out to the orig stock for hunting season.
Its on a Ruger american predator, if you couldn't tell, and with the v-blocks bedded I can switch it out with the 5.56 ranch also with no problems so its a nice option, now that they make a ruger lefty predator I think you could notch out for the bolt handle and really have a modular unit if needed.

Thanks for the Opinion- kinda what I was thinking. A little easier on the angles would make it look better. CL

coop22250":1ec4sznx said:
Well I just bought a 260 “for my wife”. Great deal, nice stock, shoots 140 gr partitions perfect. After sighting it in I told her she was gonna need to go shopping for her own gun, that ones mine haha!

Coop, What 260 did you buy for her?
My fall back is I bought it for "her" if it comes up, I may have slipped up a little this weekend on how many 260s I have, she said that she was going to have to go take another inventory. God help me if she does because im not sure how many aren't on her last inventory list.

I picked up a 90’s model 700 in a B&C light varmint for $525! I took it apart, stiff stock weighed 27oz, I was pretty impressed with it for the price they ask ($270).

I took it to the range, bore sighted it by removing the bolt, looking through the barrel, moving scope to that point at 50 yards. 3 shots later I’m centered. Shot a 5 shot group at 50 yards that was one hole with an ear on one side. It’s a little 2-7 so I don’t expect 1/2” at 100 due to my abilities and big crosshairs but she won’t be shooting far anyway. Man I sure wish Rem had that quality now days.

Pretty much broken in with some factory ammo I have. Right target is the sako 100gr fmj and the left was nosler trophy 125 partitions, none of my 3 260s will shoot that nosler ammo at all. The right target started with 5 shots 1st was high the other 4 were touching, let it cool 10min or so, shot the 3 nosler on the left target(1st high in line with first group, 2nd low, 3 bull) little worried let it cool a little and shot my last 3 sakos back on right target to see,(1- just right, 2-same hole as group 1, and jerked the last one high right) 7 rounds sub moa. Im happy now just need to work up a hunting load.

Attachments

• 20190523_205451.jpg
    20190523_205451.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 652
  • 20190523_205431.jpg
    20190523_205431.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 652
Back