Rol_P's New Rem/Hart Rifle and factory loads

NYDAN

Handloader
Sep 17, 2013
Roland visited me today to show me his "Rem-Hart" rifle. It is a rifle built by R.W. Hart and Sons of Mescopeck, PA. It was built on Roland's left handed Rem 700 action previously modified with a 3 position wing safety and Timney trigger.

He had previously shot some very good targets with Nosler Factory 180 gr. AB cartridges and Federal factory Premium 165 gr. Partition cartridges.

He asked if I wanted to shoot it. I said, "I want to see you shoot it and replicate those targets that you had previously shown me so that I know they were real".

Here is his first target with Nosler Trophy Grade 180 gr. AB.

Nosler180AB-1.jpg

Here is the one he shot today.

Nosler180AB-2.jpg

Here is his first target with Federal Premium 165 gr. Partition cartridges.

Fed165PT-1.jpg

Here is the one he shot today. There are four shots. Two went through the upper left hole.

Fed165PT-2.jpg

Now I have gun envy...

Dan

Holy smokes. That's a keeper!
Nice shooting Rol. Looks like you are ready to go.

JD338

Oh, yeah, that'll do. Congratulations on a fine rifle that delivers the goods.

Now I know that if I miss an animal it will not be fault of the rifle... Dan watched me struggle for groups before coached me and the good groups came together. We tweaked the scope a bit and shot at 200 yards. It revealed that I need lots of practice before the season. None of my hand loads came together like the Nosler Trophy Grade 180 Accubonds and Federal Premium 165 Grain Partitions.

Nice shooting!

And yes, there is some excellent factory ammo available anymore.

Regards, Guy

Back