Leupold STD rear ring windgae Screws proper screwdriver???

preacher

Handloader
Aug 19, 2012
I had bought one of those "Gunsmith" Screwdriver sets years ago, but their drivers do not fit these screws well! Plus, Leupold has finally put a coat of thred seal on them ( a good thing) but they are hard to set up on the rear ring. I finally got it done, and had well buggered up both screws! After I had the scope set up well, I then replaced both with a couple spares I scrounged up and with fresh Loctite they went in better, and able t keep "un" buggered. Where can I get a flat screws driver (or bit) that will fit these Morphidytes properly? Thanks. BTW The Vortex 1.5x8 looks great on this new Mesa!

Jim, I have no idea where you’d find a nice square screwdriver to work with them. I have been piling them old windage mounts up over the years, and every time I take pair off I remember why I don’t use them. They do serve a purpose but man do they scare me a little on rifles that put out some recoil or are going to be taking a beating in the backcountry.

Maybe Sears would have some drivers that’ll match the slots.

preacher":3hq068ox said:
I had bought one of those "Gunsmith" Screwdriver sets years ago, but their drivers do not fit these screws well! Plus, Leupold has finally put a coat of thred seal on them ( a good thing) but they are hard to set up on the rear ring. I finally got it done, and had well buggered up both screws! After I had the scope set up well, I then replaced both with a couple spares I scrounged up and with fresh Loctite they went in better, and able t keep "un" buggered. Where can I get a flat screws driver (or bit) that will fit these Morphidytes properly? Thanks. BTW The Vortex 1.5x8 looks great on this new Mesa!
I have buggered up several of those myself! Funny my gunsmith screwdrivers dont fit them either.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I've not tried this, but this is what Brownells offers for that mount.

080-430-430WB
Leupold/Buehler Windage Screw Bit

Well, I had to go to Home Depot so bought a Husky 7" screwdriver with a 5/16" wide blade. $6 fix, worked swell.

Back