Christensen Ridgeline in 300PRC

A

Anonymous

My long time hunting partner picked himself up a retirement gift of sorts, a Christensen Ridgeline in 300PRC.

We'll be mounting the scope and doing some load work with the rifle. He's anxious to get it out for early season caribou (that clock is ticking) so initial work will be with the factory Hornady 212ELD-X load.

There's some load data out there for the cartridge, but has anyone here done much load work with this one? Especially looking for powder recommendations as choices in our area are somewhat limited.

It seems like something of a "stretch 300WSM" throated for longer bullets. Regardless, it should make a reasonably good hammer for moose, bears and caribou at longer than normal ranges. He'll probably be focusing on bullets in the 200-220gr range rather than 180s or less.

Been thinking about that same combo. Keep us posted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 300 RUM in a Ridgeline myself and so far, it’s been an excellent rifle. I’d take a guess that since it is virtually the same case capacity as a 300 Win Mag that any of the slower powders that work for 200+ grain bullets in the 300 will run excellent in the PRC. I’d probably look at H1000 and similar myself if I was starting out. There is a lot to like about that PRC. I think Hornady designed a winner with that one.

Sighted on at 150 yards... 3/4" group for 5.

I think that'll do.

Back