Time with a old friend.

1100 Remington Man

Handloader
May 1, 2007
Marlin 39A took it out today and gave it a good cleaning. Man do I miss it, there was a day I tried to wear out its barrel.
It was faster shooting with standard sights the leaf and front sight but I did change the leaf sight with a Williams in the same place which was more durable.
When I was much younger I could throw shotgun shells in the air and hit 9 out of 10 with it and any bird inside of 100 yards had better not sit to long as it was toast.
Yes the good old days with houses not to close by.
Now it has a Williams Peep Sight and while I like it for precision open sights it's not as fast, it's a small game rifle that puts everything a .22LR has to offer for range these days.
Just put in a bulk order for .22LR in two varieties and I need to get this old girl in the woods again.
Like holding a good woman in the curves Marlin got this one right.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    98 KB · Views: 311
That is a pretty neat little package. One of the most accurate rifles I ever shot was a 39A that belonged to a gentleman. His grandfather had owned it, and now the gentleman inherited it at his grandfather's death. It was amazingly accurate with some pretty cheap ammunition.

Back