Black Friday Blackout

Thebear_78

Handloader
Sep 30, 2004
After perusing a few Black Friday sales I came across a deal I couldn’t pass up on a howa mini barreled action in 300 BLK with a 16” threaded barrel that is just begging to be suppressed.

This got my wheels turning. It would make for a really fun, quiet, zero recoil trainer. Something to enjoy a little trigger time at the local 300 yard range just down the road.

Then I ran across a Onyx chassis deal that I thought might be about perfect for the mini BLK.

I almost got everything I needed in one fell swoop by ordering s SWFA SS 10x for It but a mess up with this billing system tied up the rest of my play money cutting my Black Friday short.

Any of you find any irresistible deals this Black Friday?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That SWFA sale was hard to pass up.

I thought and thought about something, anything, that might need a new scope. Couldn't really come up with anything. Sigh...

486b4e0138b285a63271dabb411866e1.jpg

Coming along nicely. Still waiting on the 10x42 SWFA SS. I ended up having to order over the phone.

First impressions of the onyx chassis are very good.

1662367423d70055ebb5a402bcbd79b9.jpg

I’ve gotten all the pieces together now. Hopefully I’ll get a chance to do some shooting this weekend.

Got it out to put some rounds they it. Damn that little rifle is fun to shoot. Zero recoil, very quiet, and a good little shooter. 5 shot groups at 100 yards where averaging in the 1.3-1.4”, but several very good 3 shot groups. I noticed a vertical dispersing that I’m going to attribute to velocity fluctuations.

c05e994efe5dd7113601762ccac1c89b.jpg

Brought my swinging going and spent the rest of the time hitting 4 and 8” gongs at 100-300 yards. It was pretty nice to lay in the snow of the bipod without blowing snow all over every shot.

It’s astounding how much those subsonic billets drop. 6 mile at 200 and 12.5 MILS at 300. There was a solid 1.5 second time of flight at 300.

I picked up some does and brass today. I got a pound of the new CFE BLK powder to try out. It should be pretty cheap to shoot.

Aw heck...now I want a Howa mini. I bet that thing is a hoot to shoot with the muffler on.

Man I’ve been wanting a 300 BO bolt action awhile. I’ve never had a howa so I was hesitant. Yup, gonna need one of those!

I have yet to begin to procrastinate

I’m actually really impressed with this little howa. It came with a surprisingly good trigger.

Don’t wa still get the Black Friday pricing. There are also a host of stock options if the chassis doesn’t suit you.

Back