Kimber Classic Select Grade, barrel question

Slimfinn

Handloader
Nov 28, 2018
I was looking at one today happen to be in a 25-06 I'm in the market for. But holding it up and just sighting down the barrel about 3 inches from the end it looks like the contour changes or something. I thought my eyes were messing with me but the guy behind the counter noticed it too, they didn't have any others to compare with. Does anyone have one or noticed the same thing or have any knowledge of the Kimber barrels? I couldn't convince they guy it must be defective and should sell it half price.

Searching around last night I couldn't find anything that would indicate it should have anything but a constant taper to the muzzle. maybe it was just the lighting but will take a closer look, if I get serious about it.

gbflyer":1el7yhkz said:
Cut it off right there for a 25-06 carbine[emoji1]

Oh...now you're talking :lol: ! Dang that would be light. Now if i can just talk them it the 50%discount.

It is horrible that I am slowly talking myself into this, or a Barrett fieldcraft

I recently purchased a Kimber Classic Select in a 300 WM. Wow, a shooter with 180 bullets and great looking for a classic wood stocked rifle. I also own the predecessor to the Barrett fieldcraft (Forbes 24) in a 270 Win. It shoots anything I run through it and it only weighs 6.11 pounds fully loaded with a sling. A great rifle for long hikes.

If you want a Barrett you’d better jump. I understand they are halting production for awhile on those due to a gov contract they are focused on.

I was at sportsman's over lunch today and they had both the kimber classic and a barrett on the shelf, 6.5s not the 25-06. They both feel great in the hand, action is smoother on tha barrett but the kinber is the mauser type. Kimber also has the 3 position safety and floor plate vs 2 position and internal mag of the barrett. Barrett is all weather, kimber is not. Kimber is 40% less expensive, and only 6 oz heavier

Oh I did also notice that the barrel on the 6.5 kimber, had the same illusion of a contour change towards the end, so must just be a kimber thing

Slimfinn":3qri8t26 said:
I was at sportsman's over lunch today and they had both the kimber classic and a barrett on the shelf, 6.5s not the 25-06. They both feel great in the hand, action is smoother on tha barrett but the kinber is the mauser type. Kimber also has the 3 position safety and floor plate vs 2 position and internal mag of the barrett. Barrett is all weather, kimber is not. Kimber is 40% less expensive, and only 6 oz heavier

Oh I did also notice that the barrel on the 6.5 kimber, had the same illusion of a contour change towards the end, so must just be a kimber thing

Stop agonizing. Get both [emoji1]

Back