They get me everytime.

ShadeTree

Handloader
Mar 6, 2017
Darn old rifles, I can't resist them. I guess I could have worse habits. I try to pick up good conditioned rifles that are a little unusual in 1 aspect or another, especially if I think they're priced too cheap.

Bought a Rem 760 in 35 Reminton for a good price of $350. Not rare, but not common. Tootsie roll forearm, or as some people call them corn cob. Knew it was an early model in good condition and is un-molested. Original aluminum butt plate, no sling swivels, not drilled and tapped. Checked the barrel code when I got it and it happens to be 1952, a first yr production. Even better. Don't know what I'll do with it but I love the Rem 141 predecessor to it I have in 35 Remington.

Appears to have been carried way more than it was cycled and shot. Still a good bit of bluing left on the slide bars and very little bluing wore off the action tube.

Very nice indeed. Look around for some 200 gr SPCL bullets and brass and load her up.

JD338

JD338":1oonx8x4 said:
Very nice indeed. Look around for some 200 gr SPCL bullets and brass and load her up.

JD338

Thanks JD. For better or worse I got that part covered. My 141 in 35 Rem absolutely loves the Remington factory 200 gr cor lokts. I found a deal on 16 boxes of new in box factory loads that I couldn't pass up. I paid $15.81 per box to my door.

That's 79 cents per round. Rem brass on midway is .50 each and is unavailable. The 358 Rem cor lokts are .38 each and are unavailable. So I'd have 88 cents a round in brass and bullets with no powder, primers, and time figured in.

I'm figuring on selling about 8-10 boxes to get most if not all of my money back. That will leave me with more than enough to shoot, and if I ever get through them I will have 120-160 pieces of once fired brass left over to reload.

Shade tree that's a good find! I like the 35 mod 760 I have. If you haven't tried them yet get some Speer 180 gr fp or Hornady 200 flextip with Hodgdon Lever. Works really well in mine. Dan.

Back