Boring Rifle.....

Teknys

Handloader
Jan 14, 2008
I picked up a Ridgeline in the 6.5 Creed. I put a Razor LH 3x15 on it. I already had a 6.5x284 Norma in a Savage 116 but figured I try the Creed. I have dies and brass for both. Now for the boring part:
At the range - 50yds bore sighted and took a shot. 1.5" high and right. Shot again and holes touching. Adjusted and into the X. Ok that 3 shots.
Move to 100 yds and one shot and it was about 4" high and on the centerline (Lucky). Adjusted and shot twice and they were 1.25" high and again touching. That's 6 shots with 3 wipes of the barrel so far.
For giggles I plugged in the data and moved to 200yd gong - bang, 300 yds - bang... OK 400 yds - bang and the 535yds oops just left of the gong - hold right and bang. So I'm sitting there thinking this is less then 12 shots and this gun has potential. Fast forward to after hunting season and ranged a rock at 550yds and knocked white dust off it for 3 shots. I like that Razor LH for hunting. Like I said - this gun put up no fight what so ever to get good grouping and consistency (hence the boring). So now I'm thinking this whole time - why don't I turn this gun onto my paper puncher and longish range plinking. I picked up my first Zeiss - Conquest V6 and will put it on the gun. I ordered another Ridgeline in the 6.5x284 Norma and will put the Razor LH on it for my Whitetail / Wolf hunting gun. I hope this one comes around as easy as the Creed. Boring is OK.

I love boring rifles. It’s so nice when you make up a few loads, find it shoots good with slow to fast loads. Sure saves money and time not buying all kinds of powder and bullets.

Sounds like a pretty good endorsement of the Ridgeline!

It brings to mind the old quote, "only accurate rifles are interesting!"

Been looking at the Ridgeline, and thinking that it would be nice if they will finally build the 6.5 PRC in left hand!

Glad to hear. My ridgeline creed was not boring right out of the box. Nor was it exciting. I was all kinds of pissed actually. Could tell it kind of wanted to be boring though. Pillars, bedding and some relief work in the barrel channel and at last, it too became boring. Spooky boring. So boring I'm messing with it, it's getting a mcmillan game hunter for christmas. Mine has a 22" barrel so it's now my long range suppressor rig. Currently has a vx5 hd. I've had very good luck with monos such as gmx, hammer and bulldozer, barnes not so much, not sure why. They shoot bts and accubonds into the same place with rl 26, back when there was rl 26

I’ve got a 300 RUM Ridgeline that’s been pretty darned good from the start. I didn’t like the feeding, it worked but I wasn’t in love with it. Swapped it to AICS BM with AI mags and it’s been a hammer.

Back