Bad Back screwing up my shooting time.

brikwhitt

Beginner
Oct 9, 2016
It has been a good while since I've last posted here. Couple of years actually. I screwed my back up, so for the past four years I've been dealing with it. Last August things sort of came to a head with it, and it put me out of work for 6 months. Dr. wanted to do surgery but his prognosis was less than stellar for me to go ahead with it. After numerous opinions from different Dr.'s I shelved the idea of going under the knife and opted for Physical therapy and pain management instead. (without opiate painkillers)

I guess the point I'm making is, my shooting time has been severely impacted, and for all but one day, my hunting season has been nonexistent. I'm on the mends, and Physical Therapy seems to be really helping me out a ton, so I'm excited to see what this year brings.

Hoping to soon get back into the groove of burning some powder. I think next week I'll be loading some ammo for an upcoming shoot at the range.

I hear ya there. I paid the Piper a few years ago for a lifetime of picking things up in a way that I shouldn’t have been. I was lucky and the surgery fixed me up, at least back to 90% anyway, which is way better than needing my wife to put my jeans on for me which was the alternative.

Hang in there bud.

gbflyer":35c987f7 said:
I hear ya there. I paid the Piper a few years ago for a lifetime of picking things up in a way that I shouldn’t have been. I was lucky and the surgery fixed me up, at least back to 90% anyway, which is way better than needing my wife to put my jeans on for me which was the alternative.

Hang in there bud.

Thanks, I see light at the end of the tunnel for me. That's a good thing. Lately I've been getting that itch to squeeze the trigger on some of my favorite rifles. I have a 6mmBR I like to shoot for fun from the bench as well as a 22-250 that wont beat me up to bad. We'll see how that goes, and if it does indeed go well, I will progress up to my 280 Ack Imp custom that I've been dying to spend some more time with.

Oh man ... I feel for you! I just had Lumbar Fusion #2. First in 2005 and then Aug of 2019. Rods, screws ... the works. I'll tell you that now I haven't been this "Pain Free" since I was 30 years old (25 years ago). Try to keep the attitude and don't give in to it. You can beat this. The reloading bench didn't get as much time when I couldn't sit back then. Now all good.
Hang in there.
Bill

Hoping for the best for ya! 30 years of climbing up and jumping off truck beds have caught up to my knees and hips! Oh, to be able to go back and jerk a knot in my younger self! Doc days I'm going to need knee replacement, I say I feel like I need a full Body-Off Restoration LOL

Getting older sucks no doubt. I was going to reload ammo this weekend for an upcoming shoot, but I now have the flu so that's off the table for now at least.

Back