Cerakote first timer

Slimfinn

Handloader
Nov 28, 2018
Well i just went to Sportsman's and had them send may Sako black down to their smith shop in Salt Lake to get cerakoted. Decided on just a single color for the metal work and rings. Should see it back in a month, little nervous and excited at the same time. Will share pictures when i get it back. Probably should have asked on here if anyone has used them, but they do claim satisfaction guaranteed.

I've only had a revolver so coated. It's working out really well.

Also - I know that several people here have relied on cerakote for their rifles. Nosler uses it on their rifles too.

I think that if the prep work is done well, then the cerakote should be an excellent finish for your rifle.

Regards, Guy

db5826b35e688079e1f39dd77654eaae.jpg

I’ve had this rifle cerakoted for several years now. It has a few nicks from humping other rifles in the safe but for the most part has stayed really nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well... i finally got it back...3 months later.... and they forgot to do the magazine, i am pretty upset that it took that long and it came back unfinished. Waiting to see what they are going to do to remedy it. It took over 10 days just for it to get from Salt lake the 6 hours north to Montana. While it was there I did call a couple times checking on status after they told me it should only take them 3 weeks, and got 'the barrel and action are done just finishing up the rings and small part, should be done by the end of the week'.... 3 weeks later I get the call its finished and will ship out Tuesday showed up Thursday...2 weeks later

The color does look good but damnit I'm upset its incomplete

Attachments

• 20200529_120829.jpg
    20200529_120829.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 287
  • 20200529_120847.jpg
    20200529_120847.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 287
Given the challenges that everyone has been facing with COVID, I would n't fret too much about the couple extra weeks for shipping. More than likely beyond their control.
Their not having cerakoted the magazine bottom is something they should have done...but did you verify that they would also coat the magazine? Often an item that is overlooked when making or taking an order for this type of work; it does happen. Should be something that they should remedy or at least work with you to come to a satisfactory solution (as guaranteed).

Nice color, by the way. What do they call that color?

Blkram":nbms3isi said:
Given the challenges that everyone has been facing with COVID, I would n't fret too much about the couple extra weeks for shipping. More than likely beyond their control.
Their not having cerakoted the magazine bottom is something they should have done...but did you verify that they would also coat the magazine? Often an item that is overlooked when making or taking an order for this type of work; it does happen. Should be something that they should remedy or at least work with you to come to a satisfactory solution (as guaranteed).

Nice color, by the way. What do they call that color?

I did verify and was just going to let it go but it was written down 2 separate places for the magazine and bottom metal and if i didn't say anything it would just eat at me .

The color is Midnight bronze and yes it does looks good and i really like it, even better in the sunlight.

Back