Tikka T3X Superlite

gbflyer

Handloader
Mar 28, 2017
Getting close to sealing the deal on a lefty in .308. Any reason not to do it? I can barely abide them aesthetically but by all accounts they really shoot. Yes, I don’t need it but...[emoji1]

No one here is going to talk you out of buying a new rifle :lol: Pretty hard to beat a Tikka anyway and 308's just plain shoot well so you can expect a great gun.

I have a whole herd of Tikka's and they are my favorite rifle. I have two 308's, one a sporter barrel and the other is a heavy barrel Varmint. Both shoot extremely well.

If you want something just to poke holes in paper, try 44 gr of Varget under a 168 HPBT.

Ron

gerry":2rohx76k said:
No one here is going to talk you out of buying a new rifle :lol: Pretty hard to beat a Tikka anyway and 308's just plain shoot well so you can expect a great gun.

Gerry summed up about what anyone could (or should) say about the excellent Tikka chambered in .308 Win.

Thanks for the encouragement[emoji2]. Done deal. Ordered mounts from Talley...hope to see it next week.

Nice, hope you update us when it comes in. As a fellow lefty I'm officially jealous ;)

gerry":3ttyxsse said:
Nice, hope you update us when it comes in. As a fellow lefty I'm officially jealous ;)

I’ll scope it, put up a pic, then sell it to ya[emoji16]

GB.
Be careful with the Tikka T3x It very well may turn out to be
the best "shootin" gun you own! I had 3 Ruger Haweyes that all got replaced by Tikkas a few years back......
To be honest my Sako Finnlight(270) will NOT out shoot any of my T3x's 22/250 w/8 twist, 6.5x55, 7mm08; however it cost Double.!!! :cry:

Should have it in hand Friday if the weather lets the mail plane fly. Wheels are turning towards a .375 Raptor project[emoji15]. What do they say? Never shoot a donor gun?

Sweet rifle. The stock fit up is excellent for a factory composite. I finished turning a bore guide for it this evening. Also got the Talley 1-piece extra lows today. Will be mounting a 1.75-6 Leupold with German #4 crosshairs I’ve had on the shelf. Thinking 180gr Partitions will be about right. Yeah I can see how a guy would favor them.

6655a16c39026f582a51f8004fb552d7.jpg
4cf23c4f5d60979ae4d2828c00403e8f.jpg

Comes to the shoulder better than any of the customs I have. Jeez....

Very cool! I didn't come into my first Tikka until a few years back and just like a Lay's potato chip, I couldn't stop with just one. I have a 7-08 Compact, T3X Lite 22-250, T3X Lite 6.5 CM and a T3X Superlite 270 Win. The stocks are pretty danged good as they come, pretty light. I swapped them over to McM Sako Classic EDGE fill stocks and gained next to nothing for weight savings but I did get a better LOP. All of them shot so danged well right out of the gate it almost made load work a moot point.

I am a die hard Model 70 lover, but the Tikka's are about as good as they come for a factory rifle that is dead straight with great barrels. I think you are going to really enjoy your rifle!

cloverleaf":3h9xek9e said:
Pretty Snazzy man! That one could kick a little.....but should be fun. CL

I’m with ya on the kick. It’s been so crummy weather-wise that I haven’t shot it yet. I don’t like brakes on hunting guns so I might just have to tough it out.

No pics. I did shoot it today. It’s easily a 1 inch gun, probably better with a finer cross hair. I was surprised at the recoil, it was much less than I expected. I tried a 168 GMM and a 220 SRN handload.

gbflyer":o9xhueby said:
Getting close to sealing the deal on a lefty in .308. Any reason not to do it? I can barely abide them aesthetically but by all accounts they really shoot. Yes, I don’t need it but...[emoji1]
I am a lefty as well and have one T3X Hunter Fluted 6.5 CRM on order
Good choice, go for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gbflyer":37z7rp9t said:
No pics. I did shoot it today. It’s easily a 1 inch gun, probably better with a finer cross hair. I was surprised at the recoil, it was much less than I expected. I tried a 168 GMM and a 220 SRN handload.

Any updates? Going back through old posts and remembered this thread.

Quailhunter":37z7rp9t said:
I am a lefty as well and have one T3X Hunter Fluted 6.5 CRM on order
Good choice, go for it.

Missed this too, welcome to the forum from a fellow lefty hope you see this as well. Has your 6.5 Creed come in yet? Those Hunter fluted models sure are nice.

I’ve loaded out some long 178eldx and 180 AccuBond but have not had a chance to test them. Swapped scopes to a 3-15 Bushnell that I use for load development (most reliable and predictable scope I own odd as it may sound).

Back