Tripod?

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Neck injury and subsequent surgery has made prone nearly impossible, for me. With three vertebrae fused, the ol' neck simply won't bend enough to allow prone position.

I'm doing "okay" from sitting, using either shooting sticks or a tall Harris bipod, but am considering going to a tripod to support the rifle and give me the level of accuracy I used to achieve when shooting prone.

Recommendations?

Thanks, Guy

Don't know if it is available for you, but take a look at the raptor shooting sticks.
Like bench-rest...
And you might make it a diy project.

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI VNS-L31 mit Tapatalk

The BOG-POD RLD-3 is my choice after having used one in 2017 to harvest a Mule Deer buck at about 300 yards and harvest a cow elk on another day, both from standing position. Setting up for a shot I place one leg forward so that I can lean into it and it proves very stable. I gave my first BOG tripod to my guide in 2017, replaced it, and have purchased a third for a friend. Adjustable 22" - 68". I also use mine as a walking stick when collapsed, but you have to be a little careful not to let the legs slap together and rattle.
If you are not in a rush to purchase keep an eye on Midway USA for sales. My last purchase was less than $60.00 including shipping. Good Luck, Rol

Guy,
I have been eyeing the Spartan Precision Equipment lately and it looks impressive(but by no means cheap). but it you have the budget it looks to be a very multi use system. I did pickup one of the bipods this winter to test out and it works well and i love the concept and so light. Not sure I'm ready to jump into the tripod yet but when it covers the spotting scope tripod, shooting tripod, bipod, and trekking poles it could make sense when I am out with the wife and girls hunting only needing a single unit.
Here is Craig Boddington's demo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CSS6bR93rc

and check out some of the other videos on the spartan channel

2c40d9fbfb8707563b61c64e7c0c1fbc.jpg

I really like the pig 0311 from hog saddle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya, I think I'm more in the market for a $150 tripod, rather than a $1500 tripod & head...

I was pretty impressed with the fancy construction and fancy price of some of them. I don't need that for my purposes, and couldn't justify that much expense anyway.

Looks like Bog Pod is the way I'll likely be going. Or, just stay with my shooting sticks.

Thanks All!

Guy

Guy Miner":mtkxnqw5 said:
Ya, I think I'm more in the market for a $150 tripod, rather than a $1500 tripod & head...

I was pretty impressed with the fancy construction and fancy price of some of them. I don't need that for my purposes, and couldn't justify that much expense anyway.

Looks like Bog Pod is the way I'll likely be going. Or, just stay with my shooting sticks.

Thanks All!

Guy

http://stores.hogsaddle.com/pig0311-g-f ... -od-green/

138 for the pig 0311, another 20-30 for a ball head on eBay and your in the mix. I had one of the trigger stick tripods, worked good for one season and siezed up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back