Picked Up A Very Nice Rifle Today

HAWKEYESATX

Handloader
Aug 15, 2016
Hello all,

Today, just out of sheer luck, I was able to get another bucket list rifle crossed off my list.
It's a Winchester Classic Sporter in 7mm Remington Magnum. She sports a 26 inch barrel, and has Leupold rings.
She sure is a thing of beauty [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]
IMG_20200227_133717440.jpgIMG_20200227_133737375.jpg

Sent from my motorola one using Tapatalk

Very nice. The 7mm doesn't seem to be the rage it once was, but it was and remains a very potent cartridge.

That along with a Winchester M70 and I don't see how a guy could go wrong. Congratulations on a nice rifle.

Excellent cartridge in a classy (and classic) rifle. My Model 70 FWT 7mm RM shot 175 grain TBBC and PT at 0.75 MOA when I got it. It still delivers the same accuracy after many rounds (well over 2000 rds). I never found it necessary to load it hot, so it has not been abused. Love the cartridge and the rifle.

Elkman":1p1foiqd said:
Thats a pretty girl, and in a great cartridge also. Nice (y)
Thank you!
Yes, I do like the 7mm Rem Mag quite a bit. It was my first rifle cartridge for Western big game hunting, when I was a wee lad of 20. Now 31 years later, I finally have another one, but in a much more classy rifle.

ShadeTree":1spuvexi said:
Very nice. The 7mm doesn't seem to be the rage it once was, but it was and remains a very potent cartridge.

That along with a Winchester M70 and I don't see how a guy could go wrong. Congratulations on a nice rifle.

Couldn’t have said it better. That should be an absolute hammer.

ShadeTree":3702hgx3 said:

Yeah, you're right about the 7mm Rem Mag on a little bit of a down trend, but that's ok.It is still a very effective round.
I was very lucky to come across it. I got it for a song.

DrMike":9zwona8r said:
Excellent cartridge in a classy (and classic) rifle. My Model 70 FWT 7mm RM shot 175 grain TBBC and PT at 0.75 MOA when I got it. It still delivers the same accuracy after many rounds (well over 2000 rds). I never found it necessary to load it hot, so it has not been abused. Love the cartridge and the rifle.
That's awesome to know that your M70 is very accurate with 175 gr bullets. Now, don't laugh, but when I finally got my brand new Savage 110 CXP3 combo rifle back in 1988, at the tender age of 20, it was chambered in 7mm Rem Mag. That thing loved the Federal Red Box 175 gr Pointed Soft Points. It would print .75 groups all day long. The second best 175 gr bullets were from Winchester.
I very much like the M70 FWT too. Such clean, and classic lines it has.
Thank you DrMike, I figured you would appreciate my good fortune.

Hawk

SJB358":lhnqxyec said:
ShadeTree":lhnqxyec said:

Couldn’t have said it better. That should be an absolute hammer.
I was reading an online article about 7mm Rem Mag vs. .30-06....
It stated the virtues of both rounds, and it said the 7 and '06 were pretty much equal in power and effect on game up to 300 yds, but after 300 yds, the 7mm Rem Mag outshines the '06 in trajectory, and power.
Yes, I fully agree it does hammer them.

6mm Remington":21ep8byc said:
Very nice rifle! My dad sure loved 160 gr. Partitions in his 7mm. Me thinks the 160 gr. AccuBond would be fantastic as well.

That’s about my first play with any decent 7mm!

6mm Remington":9ak7uy4h said:
Very nice rifle! My dad sure loved 160 gr. Partitions in his 7mm. Me thinks the 160 gr. AccuBond would be fantastic as well.
You know what?!? I think I have to agree with your dad's logic.
As I also agree with your statement. The 160 gr AB would be the bee's knees.

Hawk

If you sell this one without telling me first Bryce I will kick your ass

FOTIS":1rira5tz said:
If you sell this one without telling me first Bryce I will kick your ass
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Fotis, you're a funny man!

remingtonman_25_06":2l3h3zho said:
Nice rifle! I had one that had gold engravings on it. One I wished I never would've sold. Never have seen another like it.
Sorry to hear that.
They are really nice, I have to say.

cloverleaf":zx6q7p36 said:
That is a pretty one for sure, and a classic to boot! CL
Thank you cloverleaf!

Back