My practice rifle.

ShadeTree

Handloader
Mar 6, 2017
Lol. El cheapo pump 22 that my Dad picked up off a yard sale table for me last yr for like $35 if I remember right. A no name rifle made in China.

For being so cheap it doesn't do bad accuracy wise.....good enough to let me know when I'm doing my job as far as sight plane and trigger control. It does produce an aggravating amount of misfires in the mix though. Usually those rounds go off on the second try.

I have a good shooting scoped 22, but this lets me practice with open sights and is CHEAP practice. I'd like to pick up an older more quality made open sighted 22.

taylorce1":2dwwirma said:
I love pump .22 rifles! I really like the 1906 Winchester, but they're all fun.

Oh man, you have 1 of those? They aren't cheap to buy in today's world.

ShadeTree":2g56mvuw said:
taylorce1":2g56mvuw said:

I saw a really nice looking Winchester pump on the shelf several weeks ago. Almost $1000.oo :shock: Even a Remington 572 is spendy. Henry makes a pretty nice one that is in the realm of mere mortal paychecks....tempting. I like yours.... CL

cloverleaf":1m99q5if said:
ShadeTree":1m99q5if said:
taylorce1":1m99q5if said:

I saw a really nice looking Winchester pump on the shelf several weeks ago. Almost $1000.oo :shock: Even a Remington 572 is spendy. Henry makes a pretty nice one that is in the realm of mere mortal paychecks....tempting. I like yours.... CL

Yep they're bringing money right now, too rich for my blood for a 22. I just gotta be patient until I run across a well made pump or lever for the right money. In the meantime I'll just keep using the cheap Chinese knockoff. :)

ShadeTree":5yobor9y said:
taylorce1":5yobor9y said:

Grew up with one, thought I'd inherit it eventually. However, I think my nephew will wind up with it.

ShadeTree":3e8vxsc8 said:
cloverleaf":3e8vxsc8 said:
ShadeTree":3e8vxsc8 said:
taylorce1":3e8vxsc8 said:

Yep they're bringing money right now, too rich for my blood for a 22. I just gotta be patient until I run across a well made pump or lever for the right money. In the meantime I'll just keep using the cheap Chinese knockoff. :)

The nice thing about the Chinese knock-off's is that they can ride in the truck w/o an attack of conscience. I passed on a Norinco copy of a browning auto .22 on the shelf at the Cennex 40 years ago (Gosh I'm old) cause back the $90 bucks was a lot of money then. And I'd have taken some Grief for "owning that Chinese piece of junk" Now new multi thousand dollar Browning's are made in Japan. Besides, What could we do w/ a $1000 Winchester but raise our insurance premiums and dust the dang thing! :lol: Maybe your smith could fix the problems w/ some real Winchester parts???

Back