Remington chambers in WSM

lefty315

Handloader
Sep 29, 2004
I see Remington is going to cash in the on WSM cartridges by chambering some of their rifles in the 300 WSM. Even though the SAUM will do the same thing I guess Winchesters ability to beat them to the store shelves has had an impact. This is not a bad thing since I do like Remington rifles and the WSM ammo is much easier to find than the SAUM ammo.

lefty315":37hze6y8 said:
I see Remington is going to cash in the on WSM cartridges by chambering some of their rifles in the 300 WSM. Even though the SAUM will do the same thing I guess Winchesters ability to beat them to the store shelves has had an impact. This is not a bad thing since I do like Remington rifles and the WSM ammo is much easier to find than the SAUM ammo.

About time! The whole SAUM thing is and was useless (read--losing battle) since the introduction of the WSM line. Remington really screwed the pooch on this one!

Glad big green finally saw the light. I already got my order in for an sps in 300wsm. For the life of me i dont know why they didnt offer the stainless in that caliber. But i guess i'll have another custom with a cm action and a ss barrel when its all said and done. Gonna ditch the tupperware stock in favor of a VLS laminate and after i burn the throat out the factory tube, ill have Jim Borden screw on either a ss hart or kreiger 26" rem varmint taper barrel. I know from past experience that 26" really rings all the good from the 300wsm. I cant wait to get mine in my hands. :grin:

Back