Good day at the range!

muleman

Handloader
May 12, 2009
IMG_0829.jpgI spent the day at the range on Monday. I tried out some new tools/toys and worked out a few of my rifles. The range is only 20 minute from the house and has 50-100yd. ranges. I do my load work and sight ins here.
IMG_0827.jpg
The Labradar and Pig saddle/Tripod both are worth the money.
IMG_0836.jpg
The 223 Howa keeps shooting well. It is no longer a donor rifle :roll:
IMG_0830.jpg
My original 6.5PRC(6.5WSM) is doing well with the 142ABLR and RL26; need to play with seating depth to tighten up the 1" groups it's shooting currently.
IMG_0833.jpg
The 257R AI is smoking 115 BTs with RL26 3200fps and 3/4" groups!
IMG_0834.jpg
My daughters new 6.5Creed is shooting well but I haven't started work ups yet. It shoots my target loads from my other Creed into about 1.25" and doesn't lose much speed with a 4" shorter barrel.
My 28Nosler was giving me fits. I had a load that was doing really well but suddenly is now over pressure. I know I'm tickling the dragon's tail but the load was fine last year and now it's over pressure. I'm pretty sure it's the brass. I bought a bunch of 26Nosler brass when it first came out and am using it by necking up for the 28. I'm also working up a new one a 338 on a full sized case and a coal of 3.6. I've noticed when I neck up the brass I'm getting a donut low on the neck where the shoulder brass is now in the neck. I took some measurements and I'll be doing some neck turning and/or reaming soon. I'll then rework the load up; Wanted to try Retumbo in the 3.6" 28Nosler anyway.

Scott

I think I like that tripod & saddle you've got...

Your 257 AI is shooting those great 115 gr Ballistic Tips as fast, or faster, than my 25-06 load. Nice!

Looks like a fine day at the range. (y)

Guy Miner":hqo2y3lu said:
I think I like that tripod & saddle you've got...

Your 257 AI is shooting those great 115 gr Ballistic Tips as fast, or faster, than my 25-06 load. Nice!

Looks like a fine day at the range. (y)

Of course you'd like that. They give those to the Marines.

Back