New #1 Project.

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
So I can not leave good enough alone.
In searching of a NICE figured #1 a friend decided to sell me this one. One of the nicest #1 I ever saw.
Also has a sub 3 lbs Moyers trigger.
Anyway I jumped on it. It started life as a 270 Win and he re-chambered it to 270 Bee.
Now you all know me and having a 270 Bee I decided to re barrel it.
Problem is Into what?

Here it is:

2WkrwUZl.jpg

tm3XZOrl.jpg

FmhZEQPl.jpg

M2EiTqQl.jpg

Now I already have a Ruger #1S in 300 H&H Mag. Pictures suck better in real life....

wTWBxOGl.jpg

M6XRDEol.jpg

5GMrDzQl.jpg

h9YtV05l.jpg

Soooooooooo I thought why not a super fast twist 25-06 Ackley Improved? 7.5 RPM for the 131 gr Ace Blackjack bullets and whatever else is coming down the pike.

Any comments or would you go with something else?
No 308 cals---got them all
no 6mm
no 6.5mm
no 7mm's
Only 25 I have is the 257 Bee in the Ultralight MK V.

I actually thought about that 1 but the only long range bullet is the long range ab and I never had really good luck with them. Sometimes it sucks having everything! :mrgreen:

My old model 70 25/06 stabilized the old 125g ULD RBBT Wildcats just fine with a 10 twist so I dont think you're going to need a 7.5 twist, but that's just my opinion.

Well twist can go up or down. Not written in stone. Only in the planning stage right now.
I do believe 7.5 is best though.

Attachments

• 131.png
    131.png
    89 KB · Views: 1,134
  • 131a.png
    131a.png
    83.8 KB · Views: 1,134
Loving the figure on that wood though.

Yeah, me too! It's a beaut! If you get bored and don't wanna change it around, you've got my cell and PM! :lol:

Certainly a beautiful piece of wood. Nice and dark, with tiger stripes and swirls, very nice!! I still love a nice wood stocked hunting rifle.

SJB358":253fkbpf said:
Yeah, me too! It's a beaut! If you get bored and don't wanna change it around, you've got my cell and PM! :lol:
Roger that sir. It has been known to happen before :p

Well if it was mine I'd leave it be. That's a black pad gun and they're supposed to be good shooters. My preference on the #1 is the "S" version. It looks like a proper stalking rifle should.
Paul B.

A fast twist 25 or 27 would be pretty nice. Another option would be something big 458 or bigger. A 475 or 500 NE would be very cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fotis,

Who are you having do the re barrel work? I have a No1 I'm thinking re barreling.

Picked her up tonight. Up close pix

imb4RfAl.jpg

QU7wTckl.jpg

DplWZFIl.jpg

kwZB9ZIl.jpg

That sucker is almost too pretty to get blood on it. Great piece of wood on that one. Nice gun for sure.

That things pretty enough you can add on an observation fee to Scotty. :lol:

Have you done anything in an 8mm cartridge?
From what I understand, the 8mm cal works almost as well as the .338 cal.
The 8mm Remington mag is a screamer!
But if you were inclined to keep the case head .473, then the 8mm/06 would be a good choice.

Hawk

Sent from my motorola one using Tapatalk

Back