New Nosler Liberty Coming

Paul Barnard

Beginner
Oct 12, 2004
I have always been a huge fan of Nosler Bullets and Brass. Today I treated myself to a new Nosler Liberty in 6MM Creedmoor. I had been drooling over them for years. Grab A Gun had a good deal on them so I decided to do it. I'll start with Nosler factory ammo to see if it will deliver MOA, then I'll move on to handloads.

And 6mm Creedmoor shooters out there have any good recipes or M48 owners have any suggestions?

Congrats on the new rifle! Wished I could help you on loads but the Hornady 105 HPBT and H4350 or similar probably won’t disappoint.

I don't have any experience with either but it sure does sound like a great rifle and cartridge. I do like how well they designed the 6 mm Creedmoor cartridge. Hope you post up some pictures of it when you get it and head out to the range!

I've had great results with the 6mm Creedmoor using both Superformance and H4350 powders. Both with the 108 grain Hornady ELD Match bullet. Excellent accuracy at 600 yards. I haven't pushed it beyond that yet.

Guy

Congrats on the new Nosler M48. They make a mighty fine rifle. My wife has the Heritage in 280AI and she shoots it out to 800 yards.
You are going to really enjoy it!

JD338

I picked it up yesterday. I sure do like the way it feels. If it shoots as good as it feels in the hand, I'll be in love.

It'll be at least another week before I can shoot it. I ordered one box of factory Nosler ammo. I'll burn through it before I try any handloads. I don't know if my ammo is a bit on the large side or my chamber on the tight side, but it takes some serious effort to close the bolt on it. Appreciably more so than any factory rifle factory cartridge I have ever owned. I cycled a couple of magazines through it. The brass looks like it's been in a fight with a bobcat. The last two rifles I have bought have had to go back to the factory. I am not a fan of doing final QC on $1000 rifles.

"....final QC on $1000 rifles...." Sorry, that just struck me as pretty profound. Sorry Nosler, no excuse for that.... Best of luck Paul. Sorry for the extra aggravation. CL

cloverleaf":2u4vvhl9 said:
"....final QC on $1000 rifles...." Sorry, that just struck me as pretty profound. Sorry Nosler, no excuse for that.... Best of luck Paul. Sorry for the extra aggravation. CL

Three $1000+ rifles in one year going back to the manufacturer is beyond aggravating.

Paul,

Any word back from Nosler on your rifle?
Keep us posted.

JD338

I just got off the phone with Nosler. They are sending me a return label. We are all speculating that the barrel was twisted at a 243 (1-10) rate as opposed to the 6 Creed rate. Nosler will get it sorted out, shoot it and send it back. I really hope they get it right, because I have never handled a gun that felt like such a natural extension of me. I want to love this gun.

Paul Barnard":1x2l1rby said:
cloverleaf":1x2l1rby said:

Three $1000+ rifles in one year going back to the manufacturer is beyond aggravating.

What were the other two and their problems Paul?

Sorry to hear of the issues.

SJB358":5bl9pozq said:
Paul Barnard":5bl9pozq said:
cloverleaf":5bl9pozq said:

What were the other two and their problems Paul?

Sorry to hear of the issues.

Remington 5R HS Precision 223. Cracked stock, discoloration of bottom metal and failure to feed.

Christensen Arms Mesa 6.5 PRC Failure to eject.

The rifle was delivered to Bend on September the 2nd. I haven't heard anything from them. I don't know what kind of turn around time to expect on warranty work.

I talked to Nosler Friday of last week. They have the gun and the gunsmith should be able to check it out this week.

Back