New scope for the 760

ShadeTree

Handloader
Mar 6, 2017
Finally decided on what to try as a low power scope for my 35 Remington. Not a high dollar scope but ended up with a Konus 1.5-5 x32. Read a bunch of reviews on different site's and the consensus seemed to be that these held zero very well on rifles with much higher recoil than this, such as slug guns and 45-70's.

I like it so far. Good and clear also.

Got it on at 50 then went to 100, still shooting factory ammo well enough to give any whitetail a very bad day at the ranges I'll shoot it at.

Had a 3rd shot flier that went high and right but the other 4 were right at the dot.

mjcmichigan":1lnojzl1 said:
Nice shooting. White tails should start running now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. Kinda anxious to reload for this rifle but I got a bunch of factory ammo to get through first and no point in wasting it more than necessary just to have the brass. Might be a while. :)

Beautiful gun, you sure know how to find them. Hopefully a deer or two will meet one of those 200 gr CL's this fall.

ST,

Your rifle looks great with the new scope. She shoots those Remington 200 gr RNCL factory loads. Pure poison on WT deer.

JD338

Thanks fella's. 1 reason I'm anxious to reload for this rifle is I think I can safely significantly improve the velocity of this cartridge. If for nothing else it would be fun to learn.

35 Remington is only saaimi rated at 35,000 cup, 36,000 PSI. A lot of older Rem 14's and 141's, and even auto loader model 8's still in service. Factory ammo is still loaded with that in mind, they would have to.

The 760's will handle and were chambered for a lot of high pressure cartridges.......from 308's at 62,000 to 6mm's and 270's at 65,000 PSI.

I've no intrest in attempting that, just making a point on the action. But I believe if I go slow and pay attention I can take something like the 180 Speer and a faster burning powder like H4895 and end up very safely over book loads for this old cartridge. If I can't I can't, but I'm betting with a 22" barrel and a strong action, I'll be surprised where it can safely end up.

Buffalo Bore makes a heavy load for the 35 Remington that shows a marked improvement over other factory loads.
I was able to find a box to try in the Marlin...now to find some time to get to the range!
Been busy hauling hay and building a shop for the past month...

Looks like things are on track!

I think you could take that rifle/scope/ammo combo hunting today and do just fine.

Guy

Nice rifle and setup. You'll have fun with it . Waiting on a deer picture with this 35. Dan.

Back