Hmmm, looks like Ruger bought Marlin

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
That's the scuttlebutt anyway - and I think that Ruger owning Marlin will likely be a good thing for Marlin.

Hopefully for Ruger as well.

Guy

It certainly will be a good thing.
Hope they go back to polished blue, and finished wood on the rifles.
Probably do some cost saving on some parts. But more than likely keep everything else the same.

Hawk

Sent from my REVVLRY+ using Tapatalk

I should imagine it would be a good move for Ruger stock, and there is some of that in my portfolio. It also appears that Sierra picked up Barnes Ammunition and Franklin Armory picked up Bushmaster. Vista Outdoor picked up the Remington Ammunition. Some big changes. Many of them should be positive for shooters.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/r...mington-ammo-franklin-armory-gets-bushmaster/

Of course, everything hinges on the bankruptcy court approving the successful bids.

Just have an unnatural, un founded bias against Remington. Maybe because they took over Marlin. Miss the XS series of bolt guns. Another, "I shoulda bought" one from Fotis.... Hope it goes well. Too many good designs connected w/ that name to let it die. CL

cloverleaf":3kyg0pkk said:
Just have an unnatural, un founded bias against Remington. Maybe because they took over Marlin. Miss the XS series of bolt guns. Another, "I shoulda bought" one from Fotis.... Hope it goes well. Too many good designs connected w/ that name to let it die. CL
I too liked the X7 rifles.
They were tuff, reliable, and accurate.
I would like to see them bring it back, but they probably won't, because the American Rifle series is a great product as well.

Hawk

Sent from my REVVLRY+ using Tapatalk

And Sierra bullets Barnes.

Sierra finally has a Premium bullet!!!! LOL

1100 Remington Man":3mg6xm92 said:
Well at least Ruger knows what kind of steel to use that don’t rust so easily

Here in the salt marsh you can watch the rust develop on an 1100, 11-87 or 870 over the course of a hunt.

Paul Barnard":1edur7xv said:
1100 Remington Man":1edur7xv said:
Well at least Ruger knows what kind of steel to use that don’t rust so easily

Here in the salt marsh you can watch the rust develop on an 1100, 11-87 or 870 over the course of a hunt.

Good thing I'm in the Midwest as my 1100 is 44 years old now and still going strong.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    267.7 KB · Views: 581
Hmmm. How'd you get those ducks to just lie there quietly? :mrgreen:

Wow, my first reaction is it’s great Ruger buys Marlin. Hope that ends up well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my younger years the only 2 shotguns you ever heard about was the 870 or the model 12 both were work horses.
I have a friend that has a 870 that is about 20 years old and his other 2 are from the early 50s and they still get the job done :wink:..

Blessings,
Dan

Back