Browning X-Bolt Medallion

bdbrown66

Handloader
May 16, 2016
Now that I'm reaching my mid-50's, the kids are mostly grown up, and I have a little more disposable income. So, what better to do with it than buy more guns, of course? I've long put functionality ahead of aesthetics, but I'm learning to appreciate some of the finer things these days.

In that vein, I've got a bit of an itch for a Browning X-Bolt Medallion. More than likely in 6.5 Creed. No, I'm not trying to be a 6.5 fanboy, but I don't have a need for anything bigger than the 2 .30-06's that I already have, along with a .45-70. I just thought that would be a good all-around caliber for hunting and target shooting, even if I wanted to do some longer-range shooting.

Thoughts on this gun/caliber combo? I've seen good reviews, and the rifle is certainly easy on the eyes without the cost of a custom build.

Cheers,
Brian

original.img.jpg

Browning makes a very nice gun and is one of the better ones out there so I'm sure you will be happy with it. It would be a ton of fun to shoot in the little 6.5 Creed as well. Nice little deer gun that's going to be accurate and will be easy on the eyes.

Looks like a gun that would be easy to appreciate!

An alternative could be a Mark V in 6.5/300wby.

That would eat a little disposable cash...maybe save ya from buying two.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, I think it would be more expensive to feed the 6.5/300. Plus, I've got to believe that there will be more chance of shooting the throat out in that caliber vs. the CM.

I must believe you'll be quite pleased with the Medallion. It is a handsome rifle, and all I ever shot delivered acceptable accuracy.

It would take a long time to burn out a 6.5 Creedmoor, should be good for thousands of rounds. A 7mm-08 would be a good alternative as well.

Only Browning rifle I had personal experience with was an A-bolt medallion in 300 WM. That rifle with tuned reloads was simply fantastic. Be hard to overstate how well that particular rifle shoots. 1 example is not a pattern, but I can say Brownings are at least capable of outstanding accuracy.

gerry":al0d5xrg said:
It would take a long time to burn out a 6.5 Creedmoor, should be good for thousands of rounds. A 7mm-08 would be a good alternative as well.
I thought about that, Gerry. As it turns out, they don't offer this rifle in 7-08.

Thought they would have offered it in 7mm-08, makes your choice easier.

gerry":1iklfi63 said:
Thought they would have offered it in 7mm-08, makes your choice easier.
I would have thought so, as well. But I even checked the product page at Browning and it was not listed. They may offer it in some of their other models, but not this one.

I just checked their site, and they do offer it in the X-Bolt Hunter, but not the Medallion. Same basic rifle, except the Hunter is a satin finish rather than gloss, does not have the rosewood cap, etc.

I bought a X-bolt hunter for Denise . it's a lefty in 7mm-08 . the rifle shoots well . the barrel cleans easy . it's just an all around nice rifle .

I did the shoot one and clean barrel break in process , then shot this first group from the rifle. this is a typical group at 100 yards .

Denises' browning 7mm-08 oct 27.jpg

PB040282.JPG

jimbires":2280xips said:
I bought a X-bolt hunter for Denise . it's a lefty in 7mm-08 . the rifle shoots well . the barrel cleans easy . it's just an all around nice rifle .

I did the shoot one and clean barrel break in process , then shot this first group from the rifle. this is a typical group at 100 yards .

View attachment 1

That'll do! That level of initial accuracy is guaranteed to put a grin on your chin.

Nothing wrong with the Creedmoor for deer.
Pick the right bullet, hit where it hurts and spend more time shooting than thinking about the cartridge.
Loaded for a XBolt in 308 and it did what it was supposed to do...

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 3a XL mit Tapatalk

jimbires":1ox2ks36 said:

View attachment 1

Pretty rifle, Jim. Looks like it's a shooter, too.

bdbrown66":fswf0rga said:
jimbires":fswf0rga said:

View attachment 1

Pretty rifle, Jim. Looks like it's a shooter, too.

thanks Fellas ,
it's the only Browning I've been around . I sure wouldn't hesitate to buy another .

Dang bunch of enablers, you all are. I found a pretty good deal on one and it's on the way. Thanks for helping me spend my money. :)

bdbrown66":1qvrsbtq said:
Dang bunch of enablers, you all are. I found a pretty good deal on one and it's on the way. Thanks for helping me spend my money. :)

Awesome, make sure you show us your new rifle when it arrives. Congrats.

bdbrown66":zxj54xxe said:

glad I could help . :lol:

Congrats on the new rifle. Haven't heard or shot any Browning's that were dogs. The X-Bolt seems like a really well built and configured rifle.

Back