Remington Bankrupt!?!

3 Meter Para Bellum

Handloader
Apr 17, 2020
I am kind of in shock, but it looks like Remington went bankrupt! I read that Ruger had acquired Marlin here, then I saw the notice on Ruger's website, but I didn't realize it was because Remington went out of business. Remington has made some of the most significant American designed firearms in history. The Rem 700, what happens now to the most imitated bolt action ever made? Or the 870, probably the most well known shotgun ever made?

Anyone else know more on this?

Yes, vista outdoors bought the firearms section. They say they want to go back to quality firearms. Hopefully this ends up as a good thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, from what I have seen lately, upping quality is something they could use.

Just suggested that a friend should buy a Bargara if he wants a good Remi. He did and is happy.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 3a XL mit Tapatalk

Hope they start making 1980 quality BDL's and ADL's again

coop22250":3chfrcu7 said:
Yes, vista outdoors bought the firearms section. They say they want to go back to quality firearms. Hopefully this ends up as a good thing

I thought Vista bought the ammo business, and a different company bought the gun products, except for Marlin.

bdbrown66":21mu3zq6 said:
coop22250":21mu3zq6 said:

I thought Vista bought the ammo business, and a different company bought the gun products, except for Marlin.
I think you are right, I think vista got the ammo, Roundhill bought the firearms. I hope they start fixing the problems. They have an excellent foundation, just need stricter QA.

Hmm, well maybe this is actually Remington's best chance at becoming great again. They weren't doing such a great job as of late so... time will tell. Here's hoping.

FOTIS":mk7zqtyc said:
Yes! And at competitive prices too, I think it’s ridiculous that one has to pay nearly $1000 for a basic rifle and a basic scope these days.

Vista Outdoors owns a bunch of Brand Names CL .... CCI, Federal, Black Hawk, Bushnell, etc. It was spun off from ATK a while ago.

I think if a guy wants to buy any big name factory brand rifle these days, hes taking a big risk. It's all a crapshoot anymore...I have zero faith in new rifles. I think the best deal going right now are the Christianson Arms Mesa rifles. You can get them for a grand, and they always shoot. I wouldnt spend a grand on any rem, win, ruger, or savage if my life depended on it these days...As for scopes, you can still get some good ones in the $300-500 range, all depends what you want out of them. Still looking at a good $1500 for a quality setup in my opinion, nothing's really cheap these days, and you still get what you pay for...

longrangehunter":2v20gh2r said:
Vista Outdoors owns a bunch of Brand Names CL .... CCI, Federal, Black Hawk, Bushnell, etc. It was spun off from ATK a while ago.

Yup- but I bet its not owned here.... the "owners" of our shooting sports should scare the heck out of us. Even more dangerous than the politicians, IMO. CL

filmjunkie4ever":yik4asc0 said:
FOTIS":yik4asc0 said:
Yes! And at competitive prices too, I think it’s ridiculous that one has to pay nearly $1000 for a basic rifle and a basic scope these days.

Waiting for some one to post a pic of an old Marlin XS and a $200 scope that shoots bug holes. I should have bought the one Fotis had. CL

Here is who got all the pieces. Remington.com now goes to just the ammo no firearms. remingtonoutdoorcompany.com looks to be where the firearms business will be eventually.

Vista Outdoor, Inc. as the Successful Bidder pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit A with respect to the Lonoke Ammunitions Business and certain IP assets; and SIG Sauer, Inc. as the Backup Bidder thereto pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit B with respect to the Lonoke Ammunitions Business;
Roundhill Group, LLC as the Successful Bidder pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit C with respect to the non-Marlin Firearms Business; and Huntsman Holdings, LLC and Century Arms, Inc. as the Backup Bidders thereto pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit D with respect to certain Firearms Business IP assets and Exhibit E with respect to certain non-Marlin Firearms Business inventory, respectively;
Sierra Bullets, L.L.C. as the Successful Bidder pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit F with respect to the Barnes Ammunitions Business; and Barnes Acquisition LLC as the Backup Bidder thereto pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit G with respect to the Barnes Ammunitions Business;
Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. as the Successful Bidder pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit H with respect to the Marlin Firearms Business; and Long Range Acquisition LLC as the Backup Bidder thereto pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit I with respect to the Marlin Firearms Business;
JJE Capital Holdings, LLC as the Successful Bidder with respect to the DPMS, H&R, Stormlake, AAC, and Parker brands;
Franklin Armory Holdings, Inc., or its designated assignee, as the Successful Bidder with respect to the Bushmaster brand and certain related assets; and
Sportsman’s Warehouse, Inc. as the Successful Bidder with respect to the Tapco brand.

FOTIS":2g295ezf said:

If they're looking for suggestions, 700 Mountain Rifle (wood stock, no DBM), 700Ti, and 870 Wingmasters with metal triggerguards.... .222, 6mm, .260, and .280 rifles with decent twists...

A magnum Model 7 with 22" barrel in 308 Win and 300 WSM, 358 Win and 350 Rem Mag, 338 Fed and 325 WSM. A standard and Mag in each caliber.

Well for Me it was a sad day as Remington has made some great designs and there Ammunition was very nice as well.
Let’s just hope the new owners can bring in a new generation of Quality Firearms and Ammunition.
I also did not like it when Winchester went through there troubles and while I’m a Model 70 fan, I have no desire to buy a new one. If a Model 70 would be in my future I would look for a new old stock Model 70.

Back