Savage impulse rifle new

I like the ambi bolt and the safety release, and the 6 ball bearing lock up too.

Oooooo! I love me a great straight pull action!
The locking mechanism is reminiscent of some Soviet and German machine guns, and some Soviet semi auto rifles and pistols.
I hope the new Savages are as accurate as ever.
Looks good to me!

Hawk

Sent from my REVVLRY+ using Tapatalk

I figured you wood with your 7.5!

I’m new to this forum, but I saw the video release for this earlier today. The majority of what I own is savage and honestly I really hope to add one of these to the lineup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well- thats cool! I wonder If they will chamber it in a 20Ga slug gun?!?!? :grin: I know a south paw who would appreciate it. Pretty neat that the "bolt" is ambidextrous. A $1500 MSRP lets me out of that deal though. Oh well, cool to speculate.... Hope they do a good job making it accurate and reliable. If its popular, the price may come down a little. CL

Innovative and eminently functional. Not in the market for another rifle, but...

Definitely clever and innovative. Love the bolt being ambidextrous.
We won’t be able to talk about bolts with heavy lift after a hot load test...that said.. I’ll wait until the design proves to be strong and trouble free.

I’d ask when one of our forum members picks one up, they provide a range report! I’ve got 5 savages in the safe, so no aversion to them...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Now that's nice. I didn't catch the weight of the rifle if he mentioned it. The ambidextrous bolt is a great addition.

diverdown":101s2as7 said:
Now that's nice. I didn't catch the weight of the rifle if he mentioned it. The ambidextrous bolt is a great addition.
about 8.3 heavy barrel I guess

Intriguing design. Could make for a great deer or coyote rifle.

JD338

Mmann":26p6b9iz said:
I’m new to this forum, but I saw the video release for this earlier today. The majority of what I own is savage and honestly I really hope to add one of these to the lineup.

Welcome to the forum Mickey, glad you are here. Don't hesitate to ask questions as there is a wealth of knowledge that is accessable from fellas that are eager to help.

JD338

I want one but do not know which caliber.

300 win is the only one I do not have

FOTIS":321n5nrp said:

Well there you go then!

SETTLED! LOL

Hawk

HAWKEYESATX":2csidrpz said:
FOTIS":2csidrpz said:

Well there you go then!

SETTLED! LOL

Hawk

I concur

JD338

Mmann":1srforfd said:

Welcome aboard. What other cartridges do you have in Savage?

Mmann":oz2kte3j said:

Welcome to the board!

I do like Savage rifles. Although, I think they're pricing themselves out of the everyman's rifle range.
To me, the advancements they have made in a great product, needs to be tweaked a little, to make their rifles a little prettier.
If I want a really good looking rifle that shoots, and is expensive, then I'm going to buy going to buy Weatherby's.
It's astonishing to me how Savages prices soared, and everyone has accepted that. They do make a great product, but their cost savings are astonishing, as their profits soar, because of soaring prices.
I don't see it, to tell you the truth.

Hawk

HAWKEYESATX":uups5gfb said:
Mmann":uups5gfb said:

I do like Savage rifles. Although, I think they're pricing themselves out of the everyman's market ....
If I want a really good looking rifle that shoots, and is expensive, then I'm going to buy going to buy Weatherby's.
It's astonishing to me how Savages prices soared....

Yep!

DrMike":3gz2ia98 said:
Mmann":3gz2ia98 said:

Welcome aboard. What other cartridges do you have in Savage?
Thank you. There is a lot to learn here!! Currently I have a model 16 in .300wsm, and a 110d in 7mm rem mag that is potentially older than I am but it’s my work horse.

Back