My Divorce From Nosler

Paul Barnard

Beginner
Oct 12, 2004
The previous thread viewtopic.php?f=9&t=41286 was becoming a bit convoluted, so I'll update here to keep things clean. I just sent the below email to Nosler. I used very little mild profanity in it so here I have bleeped it out. I have opted against posting the entire email string since in the previous thread I touched on the various exchanges.

Daniel:

I am going to level with you. Initially I was disappointed in Nosler over this. Now I am pissed. If you review the email string you will see a chain of failures on your part. I'll delineate those failures. "You" means Nosler.

1. You failed to execute proper manufacturing of the rifle
2. You failed to exercise the level of QC that would have trapped the error at the manufacturing facility.
3. When you sent the email that authorized the return of the defective rifle, you told me you'd email me when you got it. You did not email me when you got it. I had to nudge you for that info.
4. When I asked for an estimate of turn around time you said you'd soon know and implied you'd communicate that to me. You did not communicate that to me. I had to nudge you twice to get you to tell me that it was a bad barrel that would have to be replaced.
5. After not hearing from you for roughly 2 months, I messaged you to check on my gun. At that point you told me it should be ready by the end of December. Here we are 3 weeks beyond the end of December, and I haven't heard anything. We are running up on nearly 5 months of the rifle being back in your hands.

I am well aware that we are in unusual times due to Covid and the rush on guns. When I sent my Christensen Arms Mesa back for failure to eject, they told me right up front that they'd turn it around very quickly and they did. When I had to send my Remington 700 HS Precision back for a cracked stock and failure to feed they told me it would take about 12 weeks. I knew what to expect. I got the gun back in about 11 weeks, and I didn't burden them with any communication in the interim. Both of those were during Covid and the rush on guns. Hell, Remington did that with one foot in the corporate grave.

From my seat you have issues. You are certainly mismanaging communications. You may be trying to placate me by telling me it will be ready soon. Nobody likes to be bullbleep. You may be overwhelmed. If that's the case you should have told me right up front. You may just be really bad at customer service. Whatever the reason, you have me utterly disgusted at the clusterbleep that has been this gun purchase and repair.

Put yourself in my shoes. I have been a lifelong Nosler bullet fan and a recent Nosler brass convert. I have trusted the best hunts of my life to your bullets. It was that confidence that led me to "treat myself" to a Nosler rifle. What am I supposed to think?

Nosler has lost me. I just placed a heavy order with Swift. There is nothing your Accubonds and Partitions will do that their Sciroccos and A-Frames won't do. At this point I don't care what you do with the rifle. If and when I get it back, I am going to sell it, and I honestly don't care if I get it back at all. If you'd like, you are welcome to hang it in your office as a reminder of how not to treat a customer. I want nothing to do with Nosler anymore. You've lost my trust.

I'll close out by telling you this is going to be an ugly divorce. I participate in a large number of internet discussion forums, to include your own Nosler Forum. A copy and paste of this email string is going to be posted on all of them so that consumers can get a glimpse of what Nosler has become.

Really Pissed,
Paul

I just read your “Disappointed” thread, dating back to October.

What a cluster on Nosler’s part.

P

Sad to see once great American companies go down this road.

Maybe it’s an Oregon thing..... sounds like Nosler and Leupold might share the same QC Department.

I’ll shoot Nosler’s bullets..... they’ve yet to screw that up (too bad).... but the rest of their stuff is an easy pass, unfortunately.

Not Cool at all.... Sorry you got shafted, it's clear someone is asleep at the wheel over their. A good gunsmith would drop everything and fix it and/or when a barrel becomes available. Maybe even pull some strings to quickly get one in his hands so your rifle is too!?!

Ouch! From this perspective it seems evident that Nosler has not only dropped the ball, but kicked it hard. All I can say is, "Ouch!"

You were clear. 5 months is not ok.
Setting false or no expectations is not ok in this day and age. Any one of their gunsmiths could have picked up the phone and told their managers, we got a problem with Paul’s gun, we need a new plan.

I had followed your previous post, but it looks like this chapter is closing. Someone from the literal Nosler family should follow up with a serious goodwill offer, ie buy you the gun of your choice and return a fully functional Nosler rifle.

Stay on the forum Paul.

Take care, Mark

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear the bad luck. I remember when you were really excited about purchasing this rifle and asked around for input on asrealasitgets.

Unfortunately, you would have been better off taking your chances on an old inventory Remington 700 with no (current) factory support. Nosler's rifles have always looked good. However, the proof is on the target. That and the fact that some of their actions are cast (not forged) has always turned me off.

This type of customer service a symptom of an organization in trouble. If there was a healthy culture in Nosler, this event would have never occurred. ....just my opinion as an outside observer.

Songdog":jgql0tup said:
Sad to see once great American companies go down this road.

Maybe it’s an Oregon thing..... sounds like Nosler and Leupold might share the same QC Department.

I’ll shoot Nosler’s bullets..... they’ve yet to screw that up (too bad).... but the rest of their stuff is an easy pass, unfortunately.

My affinity for Nosler bullets is what brought me to this forum nearly 17 years ago. I have quite a few Nosler bullets loaded now and probably a dozen to 14 boxes that are either full or partially used. What's loaded I'll shoot.

Paul, I'm wondering if anyone besides Daniel knows about this or has ever been involved. I can't believe he has a job, even if he is family connected somehow. Have you elevated it up the management ladder or tried to? I know, shouldn't have to do that. Somebody at Nosler should read this forum now and then. I'm saddened by the whole circumstance. EE2

Unacceptable. Sorry to read this also. I have started doing my own work because of this sort of thing. Are the pros better? You bet they are. At least I don’t have to listen to BS excuses though.

Sorry to hear this, it is totally unacceptable. I had followed your previous thread and was waiting to see what the outcome would be.

For what it's worth, this is the total opposite of the CS I have experienced from Henry. They bend over backwards to make things right, including the owner inviting customers to contact him directly if need be. When something needs to be fixed, it is done quickly and returned to the customer. And usually they end up sending you some gear to go along with it. Wonderful customer service; they have me as a customer for life.

Sounds like you had bad experiences with 3 major gun manufacturers . It's not just nosler it's most American workers have no pride in their work . Yes a good QC department helps smooth out the bumps but not building bumps would really be better .

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

I’ve had excellent luck with Seekins havak. You might look for one of those

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bdbrown66":ybjzvtww said:
Sorry to hear this, it is totally unacceptable. I had followed your previous thread and was waiting to see what the outcome would be.

For what it's worth, this is the total opposite of the CS I have experienced from Henry. They bend over backwards to make things right, including the owner inviting customers to contact him directly if need be. When something needs to be fixed, it is done quickly and returned to the customer. And usually they end up sending you some gear to go along with it. Wonderful customer service; they have me as a customer for life.

I haven't decided on what manufacturer I'll replace this 6 Creed with. I already bought dies, brass and bullets, so I am surely going with a 6 Creed. I have heard great things about Henry customer service. After replacing the defective Nosler 6 Creed, I am going to buy a Henry Big Boy Steel Carbine in 327 Federal. I have read a lot of accounts of their outstanding customer service, and that gives me confidence.

Tikka........ Is the short answer. I wore a Nosler hat for about 20 years until I went into Anchorage to "load up" on
Bullets in mid 1980's and found they had effectively doubled the price of most of their stuff by simply boxing there low end stuff from boxes of 100 to boxes of 50. I shot thousands of rounds of the old "solid base" bullets and converted over to their Ballistic Tips , but when they decided that line of bullets could be doubled in price by only offering them to the public in boxes of fifty, they lost
One of their most devoted customer's that day! The Partition bullets had always been sold that way and in those days before bonded bullets were common, the Partitions were worth the extra money, if you needed them
Say backing up a Brown Bear hunter, but about that time we started using Bitteroots which worked even better, and
Swift sent me some of their then new bonded bullets.
The rest is history.
Your recent experience with Noslers pizz poor way of handling that rifle is living proof they know alot more about building bullets than building rifles. Sorry you had
to go through all that drama, you have 10X more patience
than I have, good luck going forward regardless of what you wind up with for a gun.
Cheers
E

Back