New Ultra light weight 300 RUM

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
Just got my paws on this one.... Lot of thought went into this!

Titanium 300 RUM!

Pierce Engineering titanium action
Bolt has been DLC coated
Dual pinned recoil lug
Pinned 20 moa rail
Timney HIT trigger
Stocky’s BDL bottom metal
26” 1:8 twist Proof Sendero barrel
Precision armament hypertap self timing brake
Stocky’s VG2 fiberglass stock in viper camo
As pictured it weighs 6.4 lbs

199 hammers and n570. Pics below show how that played out...
Final load was a tiny hole @ 3300fps

Wbd3hfql.jpg

SWgzycfl.jpg

HuO3E56l.jpg

cyGbS2El.jpg

R163Xgsl.jpg

stQjIN5l.jpg

yJh2wFrl.png

Impressive groups.
Still have to find a spot in my hunting grounds were I could put that to use...
My go-to loads use half the powder charge

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 3a XL mit Tapatalk

I agree. This fills the niche of the ultimate mountain elk rifle
7.75 lbs scoped

noslerpartition":36k4j3m0 said:
1.75?
Typo?

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 3a XL mit Tapatalk

Fixed it 7.75 lbs ready to go

Sure to be a hammer--on both ends! Definitely a shooter, that's for sure.

Fotis,

Beautiful rifle! I concur your thoughts about it being the ultimate mountain elk rifle. What glass are you going with?

JD338

A5 style stocks.... and big glass.... do not the ultimate mountain elk rifle make. 60 yard shots in the thick stuff... are pretty tough when your ergos are set-up to shoot from your belly.

I’ll take a sporter profile, a classic style stock, and a good 3-9 on my mountain elk rifle.... that way I can handle all the shots that may be presented.

Now.... it IS a bad-ass belly gun. I shot a lot of US869 and RE33 out of my RUMs with 200-240 grain bullets..

Songdog. Bad ass mountain elk rifle. I got other stuff for the timber. Maybe I should have said cross canyon mountain elk rifle

JD338":rta7dnf7 said:
Fotis,

Beautiful rifle! I concur your thoughts about it being the ultimate mountain elk rifle. What glass are you going with?

JD338
Vortex Razor HD LHT 3x15x42.

That is a pretty awesome piece of engineering you've assembled there. Definately seems like a testament to your knowledge and skills. Not to mention another "Fotis like" group :) ! Enjoy! CL

Sweet rifle! That will definitely get the job done! My elk rifle wears an A5 and an 8-25x scope. Its geared more towards the LR side of things as well, but I still dont feel handicapped with a 50 yard shot either, which is highly unlikely where I hunt anyway. To each their own!

Great build Fotis. That rifle should be slick for the long shots and you nailed the weight. You have so many options and with it being so light starting out it won’t turn into a pig with about any scope you choose. Great barrel too. Dig it.

Scott

with the Vortex Razor HD LHT 3x15x42 it will weigh 7.75 lbs all in!

Back