What to Do Savage 99 ?

1100 Remington Man

Handloader
May 1, 2007
Well what to do sell it, keep it, shoot it ? I won this rifle over 35 years ago in a Bar pool on a $ 3.00 ticket.
Gave it to my Brother and now I have it back. Never Fired .308 Win Savage 99, I will say it has nice lines to it for a 120 year old design.

Attachments

• 209380D7-7821-45CD-90F8-3BDDA0443B73.jpeg
    209380D7-7821-45CD-90F8-3BDDA0443B73.jpeg
    831.8 KB · Views: 1,092
Had one in 250-3000 .

Couldn't hit a bull in the ass with it .

Mine just would not shoot

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Fine rifle. I have my grandpas, bought new in the 60’s. It’s a .308 also. Nicest lever action trigger I’ve ever seen or heard of. I gave it to my oldest son.

Whatever you do, do not shoot it!
You'll end up keeping it! LOL

Nice rifle
If you do sell it, you'll likely get premium dollars for it, in the condition it is in.

A beautiful rifle built before its time. I had quite an ancient Model 99B chambered in 38-55. One of those rifles I allowed to slip away to my regret. Because it is in pristine condition, I'd be prone to keep it, using it judiciously just because I could.

sako2":2lsmrdcj said:
How much do you want for it? Been looking for 1.

I have not decided what to do with it and have no clue what the market is. I also know if I let it go I will never find one in this condition. I really wish it was a 250-3000.
I also have a Burris 1.75x5 power scope not on anything might be perfect for this rifle. I also don’t have reloading dies for a .308 Win or if it’s worth reloading for it.
Yes I’m going to have to think about what to do.

I've seen used ones at a gun auction here in PA go for a grand. I've seen unfired models 88's go for 5 grand.

Nice rifle 1100, and would be hard to find one in nicer shape than unfired that's for sure. Some of them can be quite accurate, others not so much but I'd say in general that's the very well used one's. Once the action isn't so tight anymore things start to go downhill.

Is that a 99E ? Kind of looks like the one I had. Bought it new and later sold it during a tight money time. Killed a fair share of deer with it. Also chambered in 308.

I only have one Savage 99 anymore, a .358 Win. Nice rifle but I don't shoot it much.
Paul B.

ShadeTree":1nv1ogcv said:
Is that a 99E ? Kind of looks like the one I had. Bought it new and later sold it during a tight money time. Killed a fair share of deer with it. Also chambered in 308.

Yes I think it is a 99E it has the rotary magazine and older safety.

Back