New toy!

Cleveland48

Handloader
Jul 28, 2015
Well after over a month of waiting my new rifle showed up. It spent several weeks in Detroit, and several at Memphis in the USPS centers. But I’m finally in possession of a model 70 safari express in 416 Remington. Rifle looks great already got some 300 tsx loaded up to try out. I’ll have a range report tomorrow hopefully.
d2a713acb97c245f28fe531b42a58e61.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have ran into an issue when the Barnes in this gun already. The magazine length is 3.600” on the dot. I could not even get 350 TTSX seated that deep even drastically cutting back the powder charges. I managed it with the 300 TSX. So hopefully so more bullets will come back in stock soon. I had no issues with Barnes in the long throated ruger #1, but it’s gonna be more tricky in this model 70.

That’s a beautiful rifle!
What a whopper of a cartridge!
Enjoy it! I would!

Hawk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HAWKEYESATX":7eiyq3nm said:
That’s a beautiful rifle!
What a whopper of a cartridge!
Enjoy it! I would!

Hawk

thanks!

seokladuckin":1zsrp4sk said:
That will kick the $hit out of ya

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
Bench sessions are a bit rough. But it seems heavier with a lot better recoil pad the the 416 #1 did.

I swapped from IMR 4064 to BL-C(2) with the 350 TTSX tonight. And I was able to get them seated below 3.600”. TM I’m gonna try them out.

Thinking about this at 0400 hrs. Dogs just alerted on a grizz, woke me up. I could see him by the dock but was glad to have a weapon mounted light. He didn’t like the dogs barking and left with no further interaction from me.
This would be a good place for a 416....

Beautiful rifle. If we could only convince Nosler to make a 350 gr AB...

JD338

salmonchaser":mczh40z8 said:
Thinking about this at 0400 hrs. Dogs just alerted on a grizz, woke me up. I could see him by the dock but was glad to have a weapon mounted light. He didn’t like the dogs barking and left with no further interaction from me.
This would be a good place for a 416....

I can’t imagine walking outside and a grizz being in the back yard [emoji23]

seokladuckin":1rqr5muq said:
What about Varget?

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
I have not seen forget in almost 2 years lol. I’ll definitely snatch some up when I find it.

JD338":3ps5g67i said:
Beautiful rifle. If we could only convince Nosler to make a 350 gr AB...

JD338
That would be so lovely if they would

Even more fun to walk out at 0500 to take a leak and have one next to the porch. That’ll dry you up.

Yeah! One of those experiences where you dry up instantly, and feel like you have to poop at the same time but you can’t!
One would have to be armed to the teeth to go to the outhouse in that area!
That’s definite .375 H&H, plus .416 REM territory!

Hawk

Nice rifle. As far as the 300 TSX is concerned I use it in my 416 Bee. 3150 fps and have killed antelope and other game well past 350 yards.
My furthest shot is 454 but I used the 330 GS Custom at 3100 fps.

MtRlGYyl.jpg

FOTIS":3enx344f said:
Nice rifle. As far as the 300 TSX is concerned I use it in my 416 Bee. 3150 fps and have killed antelope and other game well past 350 yards.
My furthest shot is 454 but I used the 330 GS Custom at 3100 fps.

MtRlGYyl.jpg
Thanks Fotis, I believe you guided me to that bullet last year in my #1 416 rem. I had good luck with it on two deer last year. I’ve got 150 of the 340 gr Woodleigh pp coming in to try out also.

Back