Scotty.

ShadeTree

Handloader
Mar 6, 2017
Yeah I know I'm a #*$@(*#$@(#. :mrgreen:

Your post earlier today reminded me I haven't had the old girl out in a while. Had a buddy that wanted me to test out a 300 Win mag for him so I took the 1920 along.

Grabbed 3 cases I had loaded up from last yr. Rifle and load shoots better than I can sometimes with iron sights. A high 3rd shot made the group 7/8" at 50 yds. Overall group is low because I normally take a skoal can to trace a template circle and color it in. Front sight covered the smaller sticker so held under it at the 6 o'clock position.

Dang…. I’d say you have a winner in that one. Such a cool rifle too.

AFG270":49qelq96 said:
Very nice!

Enjoy the iron sights while you're young.

If 50 is young, I'll take it. Ha. I manage yet, but it takes practice with open sights and I haven't got any of that in yet this yr. I have 3 centerfire rifles with iron sights, and one 22.

This one is the most consistent good shooter of the 3 rifles. I've managed numerous 3/4" at 100 groups with it. A lot depends how good I can see that day. Fun stuff, wish I'd had some of these rifles at 18.

Now wait a minute Shade...you didnt tell every one that the "1920" is in THE caliber...... 250-3000 Savage. Id say thats why its accurate.... but I wouldn't want to take anything away from some fine shooting!! Plan on taking mine out this weekend. Doubt I will do that well. Fun- nice work! CL

ShadeTree":2hm9nzuq said:
AFG270":2hm9nzuq said:
Very nice!

Enjoy the iron sights while you're young.

If 50 is young, I'll take it. Ha.
What I would give to be 50 again! Like an old cowboy friend of mine used to say, "it's all down hill and shady from here".

Great looking rifle and excellent shooting, for a 50 year old. Just kidding, nice shooting ST.

A little vertical stringing...might want to check your action screws...
nice groups with the open sights.
The 250 is just a lot of fun!

Back