Daggone Enablers.

ShadeTree

Handloader
Mar 6, 2017
6.5 SWV and Cleveland 48's posts about their Sauer 100's probably was what I needed to hear to push me over the edge on a Sauer 101 Classic I had been mulling over pretty hard.

America's cartridge of 30-06 in a European rifle. (y) Ha. Besides appearing to be at a severely reduced price compared to anything else I seen, the stock on this one appealed to me more than some. Has more character and figure in it than most others I compared it to, IMO. Decided I better go for it if I was to ever get one.

It was used for demo's and displays at shows, so listed as having some light handling marks on it.

The listed stock photo's of the rifle. Hope it's as good as I'm expecting it to be.

Handsome rifle. Glad to see that the community is still considering those who post here. Whether they consider them as friends or prey is sometimes difficult to distinguish.

She's I beauty for sure. If it shoots half as good as it looks, you still have a keeper. Congratulations on the new find.

JD338

I have a 308 in the KUIU camo stock. So far its been a .5-.75 gun regardless of load.

Ron

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Nice looking rifle Shade. I like the grip on those. Ben's 8x57 fits me and was real tempted to get one but haven't. He might let old Dad borrow it sometime, lol. Dan.

Well I'm not saying they're worth it, I wouldn't have a clue, but I done a bunch of checking and back and forth before I made up my mine to kick out the money for this one.

Euro Optic has the 101 Classic listed new for $1800. Steep but all the chamberings are sold out save for the 308 Win.

Cabela's has a few used ones that they had listed for $1400, now marked down to $1200.

This one was on clearance for just under $900. My spending money I make from side jobs and selling corn, etc, doesn't come easy and $900 isn't chump change to me. I hate to part with hard earned money unless I feel it's a good gun that is at least somewhat undervalued. I'm counting on it not being a disappointment. We shall see. (y)

Nice!
I missed out on a beautiful LH Sauer recently...thought about it too long and it was snapped up in a jiffy. It too had gorgeous wood.
Have not seen another like it for sale online anywhere.

ShadeTree - that looks like an outstanding rifle! I hope it's all that you wish for.

Regards, Guy

Congratulations ShadeTree! For some reason Tapatalk on my phone will not pull up the pictures [emoji17]. I’m sure it’s a beauty though. Can’t wait for you to post up the first range trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks all. I blamed 6.5 SVW and Cleveland for this particular rifle, but truth be told my wife is the worst enabler of them all.

With all the craziness going on in the world right now, we are trying to look ahead on different areas to best spend any extra pockets of money for either increased value, or bartering down the road, etc.

About a month ago my wife said to me and I quote..."You need to buy every gun you can."

Good grief! That's like telling an addict he better stock up on drugs. :shock: At some point buying guns needs to end, but for the foreseeable future I'm not getting any help kicking the habit. :lol:

Yes my wife enables as well. With all the craziness in the world. So since 2012 I have gone from three guns to 17. I actually have not bought a gun or a rifle upgrade in approximately 9 months. I am starting to get the shakes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ShadeTree":2jctovod said:
but truth be told my wife is the worst enabler of them all.

About a month ago my wife said to me and I quote..."You need to buy every gun you can."

Good grief! That's like telling an addict he better stock up on drugs. :shock: At some point buying guns needs to end, but for the foreseeable future I'm not getting any help kicking the habit. :lol:

She doesnt sound like an enabler, she sounds loving and supportive! Lol
As mine is, and once when the daughter's ask why she's letting dad buy a new gun her response was " it's not a baseball card, or jersey sitting on a shelf. And i can use it too."

My wife is supportive too.
She tells people that I don't smoke, drink or gamble, and that there is worse things I can be spending my money on! And she loves a pretty firearm! Hence why I lost possession of my Remington 1100 Sporting 28 and had to buy a Benelli Ethos in 28 ga! (It should be here next week!)

One of the first conversations we had when we first got together was about need. She asked why I needed so many rifles?; I asked her why she needed so many horses?
She quickly understood that need has nothing to do with it.

Well in practice her telling me that doesn't really change anything except maybe my limit of when I need to be done might be increased. :grin:

Either way the method remains the same. Save up side cash, spend it on a rifle when enough is built up. Sometimes it's slower coming in than other times.

Chatted with a friend of mine today. His wife had a sit down with him and said “ you can buy and collect motorcycles or guns but not both. He said so from now on every other month he switches. One month motorcycles, then next month guns. Wanted to make sure he abided by the letter of the law.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The rifle just shipped. I guess the holiday weekend held things up. Supposed to be here Monday. Anxious to get my hands on this one.

I did see I made up my mind at the right time........the free shipping offer has disappeared and sale prices have jumped up.

Didn't pick it up yet, hopefully Monday or Tuesday.

So I will readily admit, I'm way more about the rifle's themselves than I am about scope bases, rings, ect.

So what type of base would you figure would work well or go well with a rifle like this. A picatinny? One piece Leupold? They're supposed to fit Remington 700 bases.

ShadeTree":rckl1qnj said:
So what type of base would you figure would work well or go well with a rifle like this. A picatinny? One piece Leupold? They're supposed to fit Remington 700 bases.

I like the cleaner look of the Leupold or Talley over a picatinny, especially on a nice looking wood stocked rifle like you have coming.

Back