Sent One Back

RL338

Handloader
Mar 23, 2017
As much as I hate to say it I sent one back to Weatherby. At the end of 2019 I bought a new 378 WBY and have struggled with it. Tried a lot of different bullets , powder and factory ammo with no luck. The final straw was a couple of 1 3/4” groups from factory 270gr TSX load (expensive). Barnes have shot well in everything I’ve tried them in. Made the call yesterday and the guy on the other was very helpful. I was told their accuracy department was 4-6 weeks behind :shock:

Well that stinks. Every manufacturer lets one slip through the cracks. Hopefully they will get it back to you soon, and have it straightened out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Did you try different scopes?

I have a friend who worked for a barrel company. Most of the returns ended up with the root cause being scopes or mounts.

Yes I tried a different scope , tried the one off of my 300 WBY. I thinking has more to do with the factory bedding on the second recoil lug. My other Mark V’s second recoil lugs bedding looks more professionally done. This one looks like crap , I believe causing some issue.

Back