Got my Sauer.

ShadeTree

Handloader
Mar 6, 2017
She's a purty one in my opinion. Besides all the feathering and what not on the rear of the stock, it has tiger stripes the length of the receiver on both sides. Tried to take numerous pictures to make up for the glare.

It has a few light handling marks as noted in the original sale description. The worst of them by far occurred during shipping because of the way it was packed, which is a little disgusting, but is what it is. You might be able to see it in this picture. Straight down from the gas vent on the receiver.

Right and left side.

Few more from a different angle.

Trigger on this rifle is fantastic. Maybe a little too nice. Too light for hunting for my tastes. Will have to see if I can stiffen it up.

Definitely a handsome rifle. Congratulations on acquiring a truly attractive firearm. I have no doubt it will prove to be a grand addition to your collection.

ShadeTree that rifle is going to cause you trouble. The sun glare will spook the deer or you'll be staring at it's beauty and not see them walk by, lol. Just kidding of course. That is a beautiful rifle and I hope it groups just as pretty as it looks. Dan.

wvbuckbuster":2a0dsog4 said:
ShadeTree that rifle is going to cause you trouble. The sun glare will spook the deer or you'll be staring at it's beauty and not see them walk by, lol. Just kidding of course. That is a beautiful rifle and I hope it groups just as pretty as it looks. Dan.

Ha! You might be right. Not me staring at it while I'm hunting, but the glaring part. Maybe I'll spray paint it to fix that problem. :lol:

I have it in my head that I ought to let it sit till late this yr or next spring, and make sure I got any and all rifles I planned on using this fall, (which is coming up fast) rocking and rolling with everything locked down and ready.

But I know me and doubt I'll be able to wait. Will have to at least test it out. Gotta get bases, rings, and a scope for it yet.

That is a great looking rifle. Looking forward to some range reports after you get it set up and ready to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beautiful rifle ST. If you want to knock off the high gloss finish, 0000 steel wool works well, leaving a nice satin finish.
Congratulations on a nice find.

JD338

Thanks all. They are known to shoot according to what I read, we shall see.

JD, I have a M70 that I refinished and when I was done that thing shined like a Browning medallion. I knocked it down using the method you described above, with 0000 steel wool. Worked out well.

This one isn't that high shine.....I'll let it go for now and perhaps next yr decide if I want to do something different on the finish.

Awesome rifle ShadeTree, that wood is simply gorgeous. Can’t wait for the first range report.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cleveland48":mf284aeh said:
Awesome rifle ShadeTree, that wood is simply gorgeous. Can’t wait for the first range report.

Hey, enabler # 1 chimes in. :lol: Thanks, I'm happy with the looks. If it shoots, it should be a fun rifle for a lot of years. Didn't weigh it yet, but according to the specs it weighs just under 6.5 lbs the way it sits. Hope the recoil pad is effective, that might shove a bit on the bench with an 06.

[emoji23] yeah they are pretty lightweight lol. I know my 100 XT in 9.3x62 kicks pretty dang good lol. How do you like the trigger? I know my 100XT probably has one of the greatest factory triggers I’ve ever had. And they have a pretty good recoil pad on them.

ShadeTree":k824zv6d said:
Cleveland48":k824zv6d said:

Hey, enabler # 1 chimes in. :lol: Thanks, I'm happy with the looks. If it shoots, it should be a fun rifle for a lot of years. Didn't weigh it yet, but according to the specs it weighs just under 6.5 lbs the way it sits. Hope the recoil pad is effective, that might shove a bit on the bench with an 06.
I absolutely love that wood stock too buddy, now I want once in a wood stock 7x64 [emoji16]

Cleveland48":3iqglx41 said:
[emoji23] yeah they are pretty lightweight lol. I know my 100 XT in 9.3x62 kicks pretty dang good lol. How do you like the trigger? I know my 100XT probably has one of the greatest factory triggers I’ve ever had. And they have a pretty good recoil pad on them.

Trigger is a work of art. For me, the best factory trigger I've ran across. I'd say by far. But too light for me. Haven't had it out of the stock yet, will have to see how it's put together.

I know some things are different about these than the 100's, and I don't have a 100 to compare it to. The safety is a tang style safety, but is on the rear of the bolt. Not crazy about it's location, but operates smooth enough. It does lock the firing pin, not the trigger.

I assume the rest of the bolt is the same as yours? I assumed wrongly that they were a 3 lug design, but actually they have 6 lugs.

Cleveland48":233at28a said:
ShadeTree":233at28a said:
Cleveland48":233at28a said:

I absolutely love that wood stock too buddy, now I want once in a wood stock 7x64 [emoji16]

Well start searching. It's only money. (y) :shock: :)

Very nice!
You'll have years of enjoyment handling, shooting, hunting and admiring that beauty!

Back