M70 Supergrade

SJB358

Ballistician
Dec 24, 2006
I grabbed one of the Supergrades recently. Not a bad gun so. Took a bit to scratch all of the crap outta the trigger weight screw but I milked it down to about 3lbs. So far I only shot the first 20 factory ammo through it.

Once I get some empty brass I’ll see what it does with hand loads. I was kinda hoping it’d like the factory 143’s a bit more.

Oh well, I got two boxes of ammo so I’ll to make something happen with some handloads soon.

Very nice Scotty. To that French Walnut sure does have some beautiful figure in it. She shoots pretty good for right out of the box with factory ammo too.

JD338

Certainly looks good just sitting there. Hope the hand loads work as you want . I’ve done worse with the first tries and had some good results later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good looking rifle Scotty. They sure are nice. How do you like the new hybrid style CRF/Push feed action? I worked a used one on a shelf and was quite impressed with the smoothness on that particular rifle anyways.

Scotty if you have rl26 start your handloads with it. Do you have bullets for it?

sako2":32ghcygt said:
Scotty if you have rl26 start your handloads with it. Do you have bullets for it?

Yes sir. I did a powder charge check today.

I loaded 61.2 and got this.

I’ll reshoot it and shorten it a scosh to see what happens.

ShadeTree":32ghcygt said:
Good looking rifle Scotty. They sure are nice. How do you like the new hybrid style CRF/Push feed action? I worked a used one on a shelf and was quite impressed with the smoothness on that particular rifle anyways.

I’m not sure what you mean by CRF/push feed. It seems to function just like my P64’s. The round slides up under the extractor as it comes out of the magazine and sticks with it till it gets dumped after extraction.

Bruce Mc":32ghcygt said:
Just "not a bad" rifle. Looks awesome to me.

Bruce, it is pretty nice to look at so far. It seems to wanna shoot. I believe it’ll hunt as it sits right now. Feels pretty good for having so much darned wood :lol:

Beautiful rifle, Scotty!

If that is a 1 in 8 twist it would be awesome with 123g Absolute Hammers.

ShadeTree":12qksk33 said:

I’m not sure what you mean by CRF/push feed. It seems to function just like my P64’s. The round slides up under the extractor as it comes out of the magazine and sticks with it till it gets dumped after extraction.

Okay, I guess I've not kept up with what they're doing. I know for a time they used what they called a hybrid. Winchester actually called it a controlled round push feed. But that was probably at one of their older plants before they relocated.

Either way Winchester always seems to produce quality in my opinion, and that one appears to be no exception.

That is a darned nice rifle Scotty, wood is beautiful. I like the 6.5 PRC round and 3200 fps is awesome.
A little tweaking will do it Scotty, possibly play with some seating depths and those groups will do for some hunting.

The ABLR bullets has been fussy for me in the past for my 7 Mag so I switched to Ballistic Tips / Accubonds.

Scotty that is a pretty rifle and factory loads look pretty good as well. That velocity check gets my attention for sure. Is the trigger on it hard to adjust down to that level? No experience on the new Winchesters. Dan.

Scotty,
That supergrade looks to be the real deal and it sure is a looker! I look forward to seeing how this project progresses. It was great linking up and thank you again for the hospitality and powder!
V/R,
Joe

I would say very nice and nothing better than a nice piece of Wood to hold on to on a cold day sitting and waiting on a stand. Rifle are carried more than shot. Besides who does not like to go to the dance with a nice looking Lady.

Back