100 pound girl vs 458 Lott!

Thebear_78

Handloader
Sep 30, 2004
I took some recent California transplants to the range yesterday. Their parents were in town and had never shot so this was a good opportunity for them to experience shooting. This is the fourth set of Californians I have taken shooting this year. Every time my friends have company they want to take them shooting.

Mostly 22s and 9mm to get them some trigger time without intimidating them.

My friends have dived right in. Getting them a 357 revolver, an ar15, and 20ga shotgun this summer. Yesterday I helped get the woman a hunting rifle. We got her a Christensen Mesa TI in 7mm mag. She is very slight and while she can hike forever a heavy rifle would be a problem. I found this rifle from another friend and got her a good deal on it. It shoots nosler factor 160 accubonds very well and came with several boxes.

I brought a few novelty guns for them to see 44 mag, 458 Lott, and a couple of long range rifles. After watching me shoot a few out of the Lott they decided to try it. Here is a video of her shooting the Lott. 350 gr Speer hot core at 2800fps. It’s a handful but not too bad. She handled it like a champ but once was enough.

https://app.photobucket.com/u/Thebe...e25935/p/b71be4fe-7688-4c54-85d9-cd54a927f82e

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great video. That's awesome.

I'm impressed by that girl. I watched it more than once and see no movement from her until the gun went off. No flinching. She squeezed the trigger, stayed on course, and took the punishment she knew was coming. Gotta respect her.

She has taken to shooting like a fish to water.

I was sure to get her on my ruger pc carbine in 9mm for a pallet cleanser after shooting the 458. I didn’t want her to think about that recoil very long.

She does very well with rifles and handguns, she’s still getting the hang of skeet.

ShadeTree":hyrtcq9y said:
Great video. That's awesome.

I'm impressed by that girl. I watched it more than once and see no movement from her until the gun went off. No flinching. She squeezed the trigger, stayed on course, and took the punishment she knew was coming. Gotta respect her.
I did the same thing and saw that too.
Definitely has my respect.

Vince

Whew! Recoil for days lol. I’d hate to be trying that from a bench rest lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

db22bf45807b985a1576a687a33fab21.gif

She did much better than this guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back