Ugly stick

Alderman

Handloader
Apr 5, 2014
After finding the stock at an estate sale I decided to build a Thompson Contender carbine. Found a preowned 7-30 Waters barrel only to find the forend that came with the stock set wouldn’t fit.
I had a composite forend available to make it functional.
I find, despite its looks, it shoots well enough for a hunting rifle and was able to harvest a deer with it this year.
681ddff625bcfbaf704f7a017290f108.jpg

a2e39a4e7b04113c45fb5b6b6244ac30.jpg
ac72a775b7f6b3872a0d0262a271c102.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congratulations on your find and success.

JD338

At'll work, just fine! Good thing I dont have one of those. I'd have to find a 250 Savage barrel. :) CL

Congrats! I played with Contenders and Wildcats in the late 90's. I used Fred Bullberry barrels. I bought one in .223 for my Godson ( the TC rifle barrel) and later I found him a 7-30 barrel. I bought several boxes of ammo for him at the time. he doesn't hunt after growing up, ha. Its a perfect WT round! "That rifle is so ugly, you would have to pay someone to steal it!" ha had to tease you pard! :)

Well, if looks could kill. I don’t think that it hurt that little rifles ability to bring in the back straps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

preacher":3v7ree9p said:
Congrats! I played with Contenders and Wildcats in the late 90's. I used Fred Bullberry barrels. I bought one in .223 for my Godson ( the TC rifle barrel) and later I found him a 7-30 barrel. I bought several boxes of ammo for him at the time. he doesn't hunt after growing up, ha. Its a perfect WT round! "That rifle is so ugly, you would have to pay someone to steal it!" ha had to tease you pard! :)
Yeah. My brother told me, “With all the rifles you have, it’s a shame you used that one.” Certainly won’t win a beauty contest with this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back