remington XCR

G

I purchased a 375 ultra mag in a XCR and was wondering if anyone has one and how accurate are they? also how does recoil compare to a 416 rigby with 400 grain solids?

Don't own one, never shot either, but this is what http://www.chuckhawks.com/recoil_table.htm
had listed for the recoil: 375 RUM w/ 300 gr at 2800 will produce 53.2 lbs w/ a 8.75 lb rifle.
a 416 rigby shooting a 400 gr at 2400 fps and a 10 lb rifle will produce 58.1.

a 270 w. a 140 gr at 3000 will produce 17.1 pounds of force with a 8lb rifle. Just to give you an Idea.
Mark.

hopwoodt,

The 375 RUM recoil is stout but manageable off the bench. A good recoil pad such as a Limbsaver orPachmyer Decelerator will make it all that more comforable.
When shooting at game, you'll never notice it. :wink:

JD338

hopwoodt,
I'v been using my Rem LSS for elk for 2 years now and I love it. It does kick a might when your targeting but it really doesn't bother me much. I use the 260gr. A/B's and at 3080fps. it is hard to beat on any point. As JD338 says, a good recoil pad makes a huge difference and you won't feel it when your hunting. If it's truely too much a muzzle brake or one of the recoil reducing weighting systems will help. When I shoot any high power rifle I wear a PAST recoil shield. They make regular, magnum and field versions and it "DOES" make a difference if your going to shoot quite a bit. As for accuracy, it will shoot sub minute if I do my part.
Good caliber. Good hunting
Elkhunt :grin:

Thanks for all the input guys, can anyone recomend a good low power scope?

Take a look at the Leupold VXIII 2.5x8. Great scope.

JD338

Along with the Leupold VX111`s, which are great scopes, you should also take a real good look at the Bushnell Elite 4200`s........In your case the 1.5x6 or the 3x9 would be excellent choices for your 375.........In my opinion the optical quality of the 4200 equals the VX111 and some would say even slightly better!!!..............In a side by side comparison between the two, when comparing durability in the field and on heavy recoiling rifles, construction, optical quality along with Bushnell`s patented Rainguard feature,,,, for the money,,,,, the Bushnell Elite 4200`s are the best scope on the market.........Any Elite 4200 owner, including myself, can go into any hunting situation and be just as successful as any Leupold owner.............Compare the two for yourself. Let your eyes make the decision for you!!................................Big Squeeze!

Big Squeeze,

You bring up a very valid point but how is the Bushnell customer service and warrenty?
IMHO, Leupold is top notch and pretty tough to beat. :grin:

JD338

To: JD 338,,,,,,,,,,,,,,The following is directly from my Bushnell Elite warranty section within the instruction manual..............."We are so proud of our Bushnell Elite riflescopes that their materials and workmanship are warranted to be free of defects for the life of the ELITE riflescope"......"The warranty is available to ANY OWNER, (transferable), of the ELITE riflescope."...."No receipt or warranty card is required."......"This warranty does not cover damages caused by the misuse or improper handling, installation or maintenance of the riflescope."..........."At our option, we will repair or replace any defective ELITE riflescope, which shall be your sole remedy under this warranty."........"In no event shall we be liable for transportation costs to us, costs of removal or reinstallation of the riflescope, or incidental or consequential damages."...."Some states do not allow the exclusion of limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.".............................Below the above, lists 2 places to send in a defective scope. One for the USA and one for Canada depending on where you live........................................Also contained in my Elite 4200 brochure packet is the following statement......."The 4200 features a one-piece, hammer forged aluminum and titanium alloy tube that gives 30% more strength than standard aluminum scopes."......"Add to that our exclusive, patented, hydrophobic Rainguard lens coating and you get a riflescope that provides unmatched clarity and sharpness, even in the worst conditions.".....................If and when Leupold does build a scope like the 4200, with the same features, for the same money, I`ll consider a Leupold next time!!!! The 4200 is the better scope for the dollar!!!!............................Big Squeeze!

Big Squeeze

Thanks for posting that info.
Looks like they have a very good warranty too. I have several Leupold scopes, 2 Nikons, and a Burris. From my experience, I go with Leupold.
Its nice to know that there are some others, like the Elite 4200 out there that are also good scopes.

JD338

Hi JD338............I have many years experience with Leupold. In all that time I have no complaints.....However, as new purchases present themselves, I look at the product that gives me the best value for the buck. I have NO loyalty with ANY manufacturer!!!!...... But! As new innovations, proven technologies and improvements come to the marketplace, I read, do my homework and compare, prior to any purchase. This is done in order to avoid any possible future disappointment, which would force me, into an inconvienent and more costly upgrade!!!!...........I don`t think I`ll need to upgrade from the 4200!

I took my 375 RUM out to the range and any one who thinks it kicks like a 300 win mag because of the R3 pad has fed you a plate of crap. this thing wears me out after 12 rounds at the bench. Its getting a brake for deer season! :shock:

Back