All new members enter here.

A .35 Newton would be cool, I've thought about building one myself, but then I can't think of a good reason to do it. There isn't anything around here that needs that much killin'. If I crossed paths with a 1916 Newton in .35, I'd probably buy it. Just because. I've never seen a .35 for sale. Most times, there are a half dozen .256's for sale on the web, .30's show up somewhere every few months, as well as First Model Newtons in 30-06. I've yet to see a .35 and I look to see what I can find regularly.

The younger of the two was 13 at the time, she wanted to kill a moose but wasn't particular about what sort. She killed this 572 lb cow on the first day. She shot it through the lungs at about 30 yards, it turned and was facing her and she shot it again in the heart. It took a couple steps and dropped.

moosecamp2010003.jpg

Moose extraction Vermont style. It was about a half mile drag.

moosecamp2010010.jpg

Her older sister (then 15) only wanted to kill a bull and on the 5th day of the 6 day season, she shot a 744 lb bull. She shot it through the lungs, 300 yards across a clear cut. It ran about 75 yards out of the clear cut before collapsing. Sorry, no pictures of that one.

Now, that is the way to haul moose. I believe it beats quads! Very neat pictures. Congratulations to your daughters. I'm certain the moose have provided many delightful meals for the family. Moose qualifies as my favourite game meat, ranking up there with fine beef. My wife puts in an order each fall for a "two-year-old bull." I'm pleased to accommodate her request.

RememberBaker":34sv3tb4 said:
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction FOTIS!

My pleasure sir and again welcome to the forum.

And I love your pictures. You're going to fit in just fine.

RememberBaker

Welcome to the forum.
Congratulations to you and your girls.

JD338

Hi all,

New guy here. Been hunting and shooting for about 40 years now. I'm a Remington guy but when my wife expressed an interest in hunting I bought her a Kimber in 7mm 08 which is kinda like a Winchester.
I was encouraged to join this site by a friend I met on another site. He goes by "bullet".
He tells me y'all are a great bunch of folks and that the Mods don't allow the usual shenanigans one endures elsewhere on the 'net. Which I much prefer. Or maybe y'all are just nice on your own. Either way suits me.
But I had an ulterior motive as well. Last year I bought an 8mm Rem Mag. I must say of all the rifles I've ever owned I've had more fun with this one than any other. "bullet" was partly to blame for that as well. I knew I'd need to get back into reloading or go broke feeding it. So I'm looking forward to that as I acquire components and equipment as I find them. I killed a buck with this rifle over last Thanksgiving holiday and it was one of my more memorable hunts.
Anyway, I'm glad to be here and looking forward to getting to know you folks.

Razorbacker":1kigk99m said:
Hi all,

New guy here. Been hunting and shooting for about 40 years now. I'm a Remington guy but when my wife expressed an interest in hunting I bought her a Kimber in 7mm 08 which is kinda like a Winchester.
I was encouraged to join this site by a friend I met on another site. He goes by "bullet".
He tells me y'all are a great bunch of folks and that the Mods don't allow the usual shenanigans one endures elsewhere on the 'net. Which I much prefer. Or maybe y'all are just nice on your own. Either way suits me.
But I had an ulterior motive as well. Last year I bought an 8mm Rem Mag. I must say of all the rifles I've ever owned I've had more fun with this one than any other. "bullet" was partly to blame for that as well. I knew I'd need to get back into reloading or go broke feeding it. So I'm looking forward to that as I acquire components and equipment as I find them. I killed a buck with this rifle over last Thanksgiving holiday and it was one of my more memorable hunts.

Welcome to the forum. Mike is a respected member here. I'm certain you'll meet a good group of men and women who enjoy shooting and hunting (and perhaps a curmudgeon or two). We enjoy one another's company and pooling our knowledge and experience to learn together. Good to have you aboard.

Razobacker, sure glad you got on board. It is good to have you hear. You will not find a better place. :)

Razorbacker":39hzo3ge said:
Hi all,

Welcome to the forum Razor. Glad you're here! :mrgreen:

I do not know if I would admit knowing "Bullet" unless I was water boarded! :mrgreen:

Razorbacker":160lrjh9 said:
Hi all,

Welcome aboard buddy! You weren't led wrong by coming here!

FOTIS":19z9vhsp said:
Welcome to the forum Razor. Glad you're here! :mrgreen:

I do not know if I would admit knowing "Bullet" unless I was water boarded! :mrgreen:

You would not admit it if you were water boarded :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I really didn't see this request when I signed up. Sorry for the late reply.
My name Truck Driver tells you what I do and I also own it. I live on the East Coast in Maryland which isn't so Merry now a days. It seems like I've been hunting, fishing and reloading all my life. Bought my first rifle when I was 10 ( a Daisy BB gun ) Cost me $5 and I saved for year to get the money to buy it. My first real rifle was a 510 Remington 22 single shot which I still own.
I 've met alot of great people here and owe my membership to Dubyam and Fotis. Scotty has been very helpful with reloading info and other things.
Thanks for having me.

Razorbacker":nw2uxod3 said:
Thanks for the welcome everyone. I've been doing some surfing and I like it here already.

You need any help do not forget to use the PM button.

Ask Mike! :mrgreen: :wink:

FOTIS":25o4j018 said:
Razorbacker":25o4j018 said:
Thanks for the welcome everyone. I've been doing some surfing and I like it here already.

You need any help do not forget to use the PM button.

Ask Mike! :mrgreen: :wink:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Who me use the PM button?? :?: :oops: :mrgreen: I'll have you know in my defense Dr Albert Schweitzer said and I paraphrase "an educated man is not one who has everything memorized but one who knows where to find it."

Back