All new members enter here.

BeeTee":1kv79s5t said:
A little late perhaps, being that I first registered two years ago, but better late than never... :)

My avatar photo on the left was shot last night. I thought it appropriate to both honor Nosler and to illustrate why I chose BeeTee as a login name. In the photo is a 223, 308 and 7mm Remington Magnum - all loaded with Ballistic Tips. I've shot thousands of BTs through the years. They are my favorite bullets. My daughter Sarah smiles whenever I hand her an ammo box with either 223 or 308 rounds loaded with Ballistic Tip bullets. Having shot some 0.2s and 0.3s with both the 223 and 308 loaded with BTs, she knows a good thing when she sees it and likes shooting the good stuff.

I'm a Vietnam era Navy vet. I've hunted all across Montana and Idaho since the 1960s, and some in California (coastal blacktails, pheasant, dove, quail & hogs) while I was stationed at NAS Lemoore in the 1970s.

If you own a diesel pickup and have bought a magazine or two, you've probably read some of my stuff. I'm here for discussion about firearms, optics, shooting and hunting, all on a professionally run discussion board operated by my favorite bullet company. Thanks Nosler!

Jim

Well Jim, that was pretty cool buddy. Thanks for putting it up. Another Diesel owner here as well. I'll try not to hold that Navy thing against ya! :twisted:

Just kidding with ya.

Hello All, My name is Clyde and I am new to this forum. I usually hang out on the Lone Eagle Lodge Forum(LEL). I know there are a bunch of my fellow LEL friends here also but I a looking forward to making many new friends here at Nosler. I just recently bought a bunch of reloading equipment but I have not set anything up to get started yet. I am going to be new to reloading so I hope I don't ask too many questions. Well that's about it for now, other than to say I hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend and good luck hunting this up coming hunting season.

Welcome aboard, Clyde. There are some fine people over at LEL; and there are some fine people hanging out here. Ask your questions. Usually, someone is along shortly with an answer that will get you up and going. Hand loading will be addictive for you, and our hope is that it will prove satisfying, as well.

Thank you for the warm welcome DrMike. That's what everyone tells me is that it becomes addictive. I just hope that with all the proposed tax increases on ammo, supplies and guns, is that I will be able to afford to get into it as heavily as I had hoped. I've been retired now for about 15 months and being on a reduced income I find it harder to buy things I would in the past now a days.

Buy smart, looking for discounts and buying in bulk, and you can cut costs considerably. There is often used equipment to be found for sale; much of this is in excellent shape. My first reloading equipment was used, some of which I still use many years after picking it up. Feel free to tap the knowledge base of the fellows posting here.

Welcome aboard Clyde. Everyone here is always willing to help. You'll like it here.

Hi ya Scotty, How goes it buddy??? I'm glad to finally have my account activated. Thank you for your help with contacting JD338. I'm sure I will enjoy myself here. You know me, I'm easy to get along with.....LOL

Thank you also JD338 for your help if you read this.

Clyde, I did not know that you had joined the ranks of the retired. I have been retired for 11 years now (due to illness) and for 5 years officially. I am thoroughly enjoying myself doing the things that I never had time for while working. I hope it works that way for you as well. I notice that you are interested in reloading. This board has many experienced reloaders on hand to help.
Charlie

Thanks for the welcome FOTIS....

Charlie, yes I joined the retired ranks June 2, 2012. I worked for the Government as a Military Technician. When I turned 60 I had 30 days to retire or they would have just retired me anyway. By me doing it on my own my pay started much quicker. I had a house fire in Nov 2011 and didn't move back into our house until the end of July 2012. Needless to say that kept me busy even though retired until after the new year so I have had about 8 months of time to enjoy retirement. I need to find me a part time job though I think. I find myself watching far too much TV during the day with the laptop on my lap talking on the forums..... LOL

Clyde, I have had to ration forum time to early in the morning and evenings mostly. Glad that your house is back together and you can relax in retirement.

We have a lot of doctor appointments and stuff which requires us going to Bellingham, a 60 mile round trip, 2-4 days a week during the day. We are lucky to have 2 days a week that do not have some sort of appointment somewhere. I also try to get a rifle range day in every week at the range club as well, which is not far from the house.

Clyde, ask all the questions you can think of.... or I will probably end up asking it.

I'm new to reloading too and these guys have been great help and very welcoming even to my most basic of questions

Hi everyone. I found this site a few days ago and already love it. I live in Washington state. I'm an avid hunter and that is my main reason for reloading. I hunt elk, deer, bear, coyotes, cougar bobcat , wolves and small game. I look forward to learning as much as I can and contribibuting as much as possible.

sent from my typewriter

Grundy53,

Glad you found us. You're in the right AO for people who enjoy hunting and shooting. Feel free to jump in and contribute; you'll find some friendly people here.

Hi my name is Allen,
First want to say I joined this forum because of all you kind, knowledgeable people. I can get expert info and light hearted fun without the rude arguing like other forums.

I have been hunting and shooting most of my life here on the Central Coast of California. At age 16 my uncle took me mule deer hunting in Colorado. After several years of hunting Colorado with my uncle he passed away at the young age of 59. I then began to hunt, fish and pack on horseback (to get away for the crowds) mostly in California.

I began reloading when I was in my late teens, mostly rifles for deer hunting and revolvers for target shooting. Once married and with children to raise, time and money were tight, so I did not do much reloading but always found time to hunt and teach my kids to hunt and shoot.
Now that my kids have both finished college and have good jobs, I have begun to reload again. I have learned more from this forum in the last few months than all my years and reloading books put together.

My first rifle was a Winchester model 70 in 30-06 and although I consider myself a Winchester guy I seem to have more Remington’s and Ruger’s.

Allen

Back