44 Rem Mag 300 gr JHP

One of you 444 Marlin guys need to run one of these 300 gr JHP's into the jugs.
I would think this bullet would really make the 444 shine.

JD338

orchemo":xcddwziw said:
JD - Your Classic S&W a 5 inch barrel?

I have the same revolver and just picked up 400 of these bullets as I drove through Bend last week.

I have a NIB Ruger Alaskan in 454, but am thinking that these 300 gr in a 44 mag with a 5 inch barrel are pretty comparable to the 454 in a short barre
I can shoot the 629 pretty well. Might actually hit a deer at a distance should I ever need "survival" food. Not sure I would be able to say the same for the Alaskan.

Thoughts?

I've shot a couple of mule deer with my 629, and it worked GREAT. Modest range, open sights, and 240 gr factory ammo. Couldn't ask for better performance.

I do tend to carry the heavier bullets when in bear country, but have never shot a bear with a handgun.

Guy

Guy Miner":qku5x7wj said:
orchemo":qku5x7wj said:
JD - Your Classic S&W a 5 inch barrel?

I have the same revolver and just picked up 400 of these bullets as I drove through Bend last week.

I have a NIB Ruger Alaskan in 454, but am thinking that these 300 gr in a 44 mag with a 5 inch barrel are pretty comparable to the 454 in a short barre
I can shoot the 629 pretty well. Might actually hit a deer at a distance should I ever need "survival" food. Not sure I would be able to say the same for the Alaskan.

Thoughts?

I've shot a couple of mule deer with my 629, and it worked GREAT. Modest range, open sights, and 240 gr factory ammo. Couldn't ask for better performance.

I do tend to carry the heavier bullets when in bear country, but have never shot a bear with a handgun.

Guy
My 629 Classic has a 6 3/8" barrel.

JD338

Back