No longer needed - .250-3000 brass

filmjunkie4ever

Handloader
May 4, 2011
Can't find any anywhere.

Trying to find some for my Dad. You can't get factory loads anywhere these days.

W-W preferred but will take anything I can get.

Thanks -

PM with what you have.

Dale

Thanks Troy. I am having a tough time finding some. I think 100 pieces would be more than enough to see Dad through for the next 20-30 years :) The ones that are splitting now have lasted longer than they should've.

Lee recommended necking down 6.5 Creedmore brass as a possible solution as well.

Dale- Thought of something: the manufacturer that Ive gotten them from most often is Remington, You can also try these guys: They did not have any last spring but they are a good shop and good resource,

http://www.gunstop.com/

They list it for inventory but are out of stock. You can get an e-mail notification from them when they have some. Give them a call and see if you can get an ETA. CL

Just as an FYI, Remington only does it as a seasonal run. Hard to find.
Quality Cartridge does some. Expensive but check Wideners, Natchez and a few of them. They may carry it. Or email Quality Cartridge and see if they know who has some of theirs in stock.
http://www.qual-cart.com/contact.htm
It was mentioned earlier, but for my 250 AI, I buy Hornady 22-250 brass and run it through a 250 Savage die. Then load and shoot. Good to go and pretty good brass.
For the regular 250, all you would have to do is neck it up. Length should be fine especially with the neck up. JMO.
By the way, congratulate dad on a classic cartridge in his rifle. One of my all time favorites. Cool cartridge.

Yikes - that's some pricey brass! Just thought of this myself. Have you thought about resizing some 22-250 brass? I am not positive on the process, but I believe it involves carbide expander ball. If you do that, then you've got lots of options, including Nosler brass. Some one on the board has done it. Do a search. CL

Troy -

I would do that but we have 10 or 12 .22-250 caliber rifles in our immediate family and the thought of actually getting the bolt closed and blowing a rifle sky-high on accident scares me to death.

Laylandad sent me a pm with some brass I can purchase!!!!

PM sent!

Dale

Dale;
Just got my new Hornady book and they are now making 250 Savage brass.
Just an FYI.

Glad to see Hornady making brass! It would be nice if they made some ammo too.

I know I was happy when they did 358 Win ammo back in 2011 or thereabouts, as it has been difficult to find that brass as well.

I did hear somewhere that Winchester was supposed to do a seasonal run for some hard to find cartridges in 2016/2017. I will try to verify and post

Hornady is producing loaded rounds for the 250 -3000 this year. Unfortunately only the 100 Gr interlock. A 90 gr would be nice to try in .257 (hey Nosler?)

Cloverleaf, I hadn't looked at the Hornady site yet when I posted this morning. But after doing so, I called a dealer and ordered the new ammo to try in our rifles. I have had good luck with Interlocks shooting well and performing well on game, so will be pleased if it shoots well in any of our rifles.

Talked to DrMike about the Hornady brass today too. He has not had any issues with it to date, as he has tried more than I have. To date I have only used it for my 376 Steyr (only source) and it has worked well.

They had new ammo in some other calibers too that I was interested in (41 Rem Mag, 260 Rem and 280 Rem) so ordered some to try.

Wasn't able to verify Winchester seasonal runs today. Will keep trying. Did see that they have a new Big Game
Long Range line of ammo that is loaded with LRAB's; ordered some to try in the 6.5 Creedmoor.

I think I have 6 boxes of factory ammo new, Remember green box from memory....... Minty set of dies.....

Decided that by the time I paid for shipping from Midway, I was better off buying the loaded rounds. A buddy of mine beat me to the two boxes that Cabelas had... :x :) :lol: . Apparently all is fair in love and the search for obscure ammo. Havent heard how his 99 shoots them. CL

Back