Some muzzle brakes I made up

I just put one of Nathans three port 1" breaks on my STW. WOW is all I can say. Kicks about like my 243 with 55gr bt! My wife will be shooting this rifle with some 160AB this spring for bears. Very happy with the results and quality.

Thanks again Nathan!

I would like to get one of Nathans 4 ports for my 7 mag here real soon myself.

Great looking and effective brake, not to mention half the cost of a Holland QD!!

I have a friend who just got a 340 WBY and I told him about your brakes as well so hopefully can get a couple from you here soon.

I saw the one on Jakes STW and it looks great to me. Havent got a chance to shoot it yet but Jake says it kicks like a 243 with varmint bullets. And thats only the 3 Port.

Loud is not a problem. Im putting a brake on a rifle to reduce recoil, thats the whole intent and purpose of having a brake anyway I thought. For someone to think there not doing there ears any harm just because they dont have a brake when the rifle is being fired are foolish.

remingtonman_25_06":2kt5slm3 said:
For someone to think there not doing there ears any harm just because they dont have a brake when the rifle is being fired are foolish.

So true.

G'Day Fella's,

I recommend both Ear Plugs and Quality Ear Muffs, when shooting any rifle that has a muzzle brake fitted!

Hope that helps

Doh!
Homer

Just a little update on Nathans brakes.

Friend of mine had the 4 port installed on his 340 WBY accumark and said it feels like about a 270. He is shooting 225g ABs. He can spot his own shots if the range is 600 or further he was telling me through the 20x leupold.

I also ordered a 4 port for my 7mm-300 win mag. With the weight of the rifle (13-13.5 lbs) and 160g class bullets at 3300, l'll have little trouble spotting my own shots through the 20x leupold im thinking.

Craftsmanship on both brakes was top notch and the price cant be beat!

I made up some 2 piece self timing brakes for those that have pre-threaded barrels.

Attachments

• 2piecebrakefinished.jpg
    2piecebrakefinished.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 9,976
  • 2piecebrakefinished2.jpg
    2piecebrakefinished2.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 9,976
  • 2piecebrakefinished3.jpg
    2piecebrakefinished3.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 9,976
I'm going to make up some chromoly brakes soon. What is your barrel OD Fotis?

IdahoCTD":3g2vfdi6 said:
I'm going to make up some chromoly brakes soon. What is your barrel OD Fotis?

Attachments

• WbyBarrelContours2.jpg
    WbyBarrelContours2.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 9,945
I have a Ruger American Predator rifle and its factory threaded with a a cap at 5/8-24 - its a 6.5 Creedmoor - would you have a 2 piece brake to fit it ? Thks RJ

I bought a .750 diameter 4 port brake , for my 300 wby , from Nathan . it arrived yesterday . his turn around was so quick I was surprised . it was pouring rain yesterday , so I shot the rifle today . I was well pleased when I was looking at his machine work . now that I've shot it , I'm very satisfied . I've struggled with this rifle . sometimes I shoot it pretty good , other times not so much . the muzzle jump was ridiculous before with a radial brake . this 4 port seems to have calmed it down quite nicely . my computer won't load pics from my camera chip , so I can't show you how nice this brake looks . I did scan my target though . it was shot at 100 yards off a bipod in my field . I only had 2 of this load but they about went in the same hole . I need to load some more ammo to see how it keeps shooting this load . after I play a little more , I'll get the scope sent back to Leupold for a reticle change . the 7-08 was one shot off my elbows , just to check my zero for hunting . thanks again Nathan , your brake works as good as it looks .

I just want to say again how well Nathans 4 port brake has tamed down my 300 weatherby . I shot it more this morning . it's like shooting a completely different rifle .

Fotis,

I have some .765" 9/16x24 41L40 brakes that can be used on your rifle. I'd be careful about over tightening them because the barrel wall thickness will be pretty thin.

Back