Let's see those long-range hunting rifles!

JD338 - that walnut stocked M48 is drop dead gorgeous! What a rifle. (y)

All - these are cool rifles! Every one of them. I think it reveals the deep interest in rifle accuracy present among members of this forum, Nosler enthusiasts...

Guy

Don't have pics of the rifle but here's what it does at 500 - that's 4 shots inside of the business card I'm holding up against the target.

Rifle is a stock Weatherby Vanguard S2 243 24" barrel and some 90 gr AB's cooking downrange at 3175 fps.

I have a first-year Remington 700 in 25-06 that's gone out to 700 on targets and nearly 600 on a hill-country whitetail before. That's an old Fajen maple stock on it. Shot the best 200 yard group of my life with this rifle and 100 gr speers - .25"

Working on a 264 WM. with 142 AB's. Hoping to stretch it a bit this weekend. If I do, I'll get some pics of that one as well.

I gave my 6 yo grandson my old 600 Remington. I've taken deer to 300 with it. Here's what the reloads will do:

Here are my LR rifles.

From L to R, 7mmRUM (150ET), 300RUM (200AB), 338RUM (250AB), 375RUM (260AB):
I am considering a thumbhole stock for the 338RUM though, dang thing kicks like a large mule, needs a little more weight to it, plus the XCR stock is not much for eye candy.

Hey Rich, I think you are a RUM type of guy :wink:. Those are some beautiful rifles and each one of them can do the job on most North American game.
Thank you for sharing.

Blessings,
Dan

Richracer1":13gvnpmp said:
DrMike":13gvnpmp said:
A fine collection of RUMs. Those will undoubtedly serve you well.

The already have..... :grin: :grin:

I seem to recall some pictures of big game on the ground as result of your ability with one or two of those rifles. :grin:

Savage model 10 24" fluted barrel and B&C medalist model 40 stock, far less flex than the std accu stock, topped with a Vortex 4-16 30 MOA reticle HTS scope.

image_zpser4edrzk.jpeg

Guy - a 300 WSM !?!?!? You've been holding out on us... Some reason I like those Coyotes.... :)

Here's mine.... Gophers at 125 yds :) 22MAG Savage 93 FV, full bull - 4-12x 50 AO

Or Pronghorn at 264yds - :) FN Mauser 250 Savage Luey VX-II 3-9x40

Sorry - couldn't resist :) CL

cloverleaf":1gi0h2qi said:
Guy - a 300 WSM !?!?!? You've been holding out on us... Some reason I like those Coyotes.... :)

CL

I've had it quite a while CL, and have hunted with it a bit, just don't shoot it very often. Good rifle. Very easy to be accurate with it. Love the trigger.

Backpack mule deer hunt into the Cascades with it a few years back.

Lots of nice rifles here - and I don't blame you for posting the photo of your pronghorn hunt again. It's a good photo of an important hunt!

Guy

Here's what I use as my long range "everything" gun. It's a TC ICON Precision Hunter in a 6.5 Creedmoor. I swapped scopes right after this pic -- it now wears a Leica ER 3.5-14 instead of the Zeiss shown. I really like this setup -- so far, it does everything I want it to do. (The scope will fall short of elevation adjustment if I want to shoot farther than 1000 yds, but I haven't had that opportunity yet, so I've got no complaints.)

SANY0245-1.jpg

Very handsome, Maverick2. The Creedmoor is a fine cartridge for putting the bullet way out there.

There are some really nice LR rigs here.
Keep the pictures coming fellas.

JD338

Here is one that I have put together: Started out as a Savage Mod 12 VLP 300WSM.
It now sits in a HS-Precision Stock, Rifle Basix Sav2 Trigger, Vortex PST scope and throwing 190 ABLR to the target lately.
Sav 12 VLP - sm.jpg
With RL26, I'm impressed with the performance.

223 2.pngFirst is my long range varmit rifle...
Savage 12 .223, 26" heavy barrel, weaver tactical pic base, 6 hole rings, SWFA 10X42 MIL/MIL Scope - loves 53 grain Hornady Superformance at 3500 FPS.

Second is my Long Range Big Game Rifle...
Tikka SS, 300 wsm, B&C medalist stock, Vortex Diamonback HP 3-12X42 BDC. Load is 190 LRAB at 2900 FPS...The bdc reticle corresponds perfect out to 600 yards. (Nevermind the Federal ammo in the pic - nickel brass wouldn't even feed in my rifle)

I am about pull the trigger and start a true long range build with a Remington Sendero in 300 Win, and a Nightforce Scope....

Attachments

• 300.jpg
    300.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 4,239
Back